Death world biter problem

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Cellfire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Death world biter problem

Post by Cellfire »

Dooces wrote:
Loewchen wrote:Post the save please, can someone reproduce this in the experimental branch?
(save file is ~300mb, so I cant upload it to the forum, I hope this will do)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k5yC5V ... 5WmuY/view

I believe we are experiencing the same problem... I assumed it was due to us using 4k arty wagons hidden behind 30k tiles of solar / accus... its been about 8 hours now running at 7 UPS or so; unit groups have gone down... from 25500 to 25101 on live atm. I understand they're scared, but they're going to a better place.
if you used that command did it all go away?

I have also found a heap of biter just running at the water in areas as well. They were all stacked on top of each other.

Dooces
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dooces »

Cellfire wrote: if you used that command did it all go away?
yes, immediately.

however we have cleared out 140k chunks of spawners without console commands, we have 8 left. using console commands to kill biters at this point would make the last 700 hours seem wasted.

Dooces
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dooces »

found something that helps - cut holes in your walls to give biters a path to where they want to attack.

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by cbhj1 »

if cutting the holes in your wall helps, that sounds like a bug since the biters are supposed to be doing that themselves.

Dooces
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dooces »

it seems as though all biters are active while waiting for their path, when you get a lot of them waiting, the game slows down, so the pathfinder takes longer to give them paths, which makes biters stay active longer, etc. cutting holes through our solar made things about 2x faster, but still testing that, and if it ends up being only 2x faster, its still a 3 week wait for them to finish.

also, thats just the closest biters, the ones further away i assume would take longer to path

Return to “General discussion”