Whats your current game goal?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Rizzano
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Whats your current game goal?

Post by Rizzano »

I'm still relatively new to Factorio - there is a lot I've yet to understand - for example - I still fully am not familiar with advanced oil setups - I am currently on yellow science and need to make sulfur and sulfuric acid and i feel overwhelmed.

My current goal - to launch a rocket without uranium or robots is my end goal but as for my current goal - understand sulfur and sulfuric acid and complete yellow science pack automation.

One of the things i struggle with in this game is the math. I know the ultimate goal is to have a high SPS rate and I am in the early stages of playing this game and my blue science production is pretty slow. Although this base is much better than my last base, my first base was a spaghetti base, this time around I have a nice organized bus but I failed to leave room for stone brick paths in between the bus.

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by adam_bise »

Szpak wrote:
adam_bise wrote:Also trying to set a record for most pps ever. (pistols per second) :lol:
Now that is what makes this game great! :)
Once, I've made huge plant that converts wood into planks and then into wooden chests just to burn them ;) It wasn't efficient (chest cost is 2 raw wood but it has same fuel value as a single raw wood [4MJ] )but a great way of quick wood disposal
Sounds like a great way to prevent raw wood from clogging your logi storage chests. Throw em in the burners!

Drakken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Drakken »

To launch a rocket on vanilla deathworld/marathon, with 100% desert, very small starting position, maxed biter nests, minimum settings on trees, and only 3 oil wells or less within a decent range of my base.

I find that once I have enough oil the game is easy as you can just laser the shit out of the aliens.

I am on my fifth try now. The large biters keep getting me just before I can get my lasers online.

christian
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by christian »

I'm at 10k SPM vanilla, so I'm working on 20k SPM next. But it gets so slow so I might just drop it before then. I have to turn off science to get back up to 60UPS when I'm building, but when fully operational I'm at 15-20 UPS atm.

Return to “General discussion”