Whats your current game goal?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Terukio
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Whats your current game goal?

Post by Terukio »

In the game you're playing right now, or if you're playing in multiple games, what is your current goal?

It could be a personal end goal like 1kspm or a personal temporary goal like building an oil refinery capable of producing 1kspm etc.

It could be getting past a certain part in the game if this is your first time playing, or it could be beating a game achievement.

I'm also particularly curious about any obscure personal goals outside of the typical build it big and make it fast endless science challenge...for example is anyone trying to make the densest oil refinery that can produce xx petroleum per minute?

My current personal goal is a 1kspm, never attained it yet but I'm getting there.

The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Whats your current game goal?

Post by The Eriksonn »

My goal is to program breakout on my combinator computer. Its super "off topic" depending on how you see it but it is quite fun (and hard).
At some time i want to try to figure out if i can make an irl program to compile some code into a Blueprint string that fits into the combinator computer.
Coding to make it easier to code things in a game that is not at all about code, i Think im doing something wrong...

Terukio
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Terukio »

The Eriksonn wrote: i Think im doing something wrong...
It sounds awesome though! And if it works, then it isn't wrong at all haha

The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Eriksonn »

thx man. I will maybe give some progress updates if you are intrested. Will probably make a separate post about this thing when it gets closer to completion.

Did i mention it can also compute pi to 6 decimal places? ;)

Matthias_Wlkp
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Matthias_Wlkp »

Build a factory, which takes less time to manage, than IRL factory...

Pothrekr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pothrekr »

My current goal is to beat the Space X mod, with no other mods except SqueakThru.

Considering I've never really completed a lvl 3 module build and or beacon setup, this will be something new for me.

Kryptos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryptos »

Currently working on a few simultaneous goals:

1) Complete Seablock. This is when I want my brain to hurt while routinely AFKing for long periods of time.

2) Expand my vanilla/RSO base...no particular goal here, just feeding the beast. Good for casual, mindless play. Majority of my base does not have robots, and it's train powered, so I find creative twisting belt contraptions to be very calming. This is effectively my creative mode, because true creative mode feels too cheaty. Last subgoals were: infinitely expandable nuclear reactor, automated artillery shell factory to feed a dozen artillery trains that will constantly circulate along the outer wall.

3) Mess around in MP with friends, this usually involves a bunch of useless beginner friendly mods.

4) Had a megabase where I was building a combinator computer to automate large parts of my base with forced constraints, such as programming my base to shut down certain parts as power gets low, train logic, that sort of thing. Eventually, I wanted to get it to be able to remember the resources I'm consuming and to overproduce accordingly (maintain 200 walls in stockpile, 150 disappear, then temporarily increase stockpile to 1000 walls, that sort of thing), but this goal has fallen by the wayside.

lovewyrm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lovewyrm »

Deathworld Marathon with Bob's and Angels mods.

So far I have not succeeded to reach green science because I keep on running out of iron ore and there's always some evil thing in the nests, like an exploding worm or some heavy armored spawner.
But it's kind of a zen like fun at the same time.

eidolonFIRE_XI
Inserter
Inserter

Post by eidolonFIRE_XI »

Did this a while back.
Loads of responses in it. You can see the results after filling out an entry.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... Q/viewform

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

I try to build tier 3 science in my railworld with Bob's and Pyanodon's mods. I build factories to produce stuff for tier 2 electronics.
Unfortunately game has proceeded very slowly during last weeks because I have so much garden and other hobby things at spring and also my wrist suffers from too much computer using.

Drasius
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Drasius »

A beaconless, botless, 1k sci/min megabase. Planning stage is done, blueprints constructed, now it's just slowly churning through the process of building the thousands upon thousands of factories/smelters/mining set-ups and such to actually make it come to life and see just how low my UPS will go.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Find the time to launch the game :(
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Tricorius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tricorius »

I’m currently trying to generate enough pollution for my death world map to actually be a decent threat in “endgame”. I’m trying to accomplish that by kitting out the base to start a megabase.

I swapped over for a bit of time to play around with a headless server hosted on a Digital Ocean droplet (for an upcoming project). And I’m currently trying to find the seams of a VPS hosted Factorio server. (Where are the upgrade points based on number of players, size of base, etc).

Ohz
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ohz »

Just send a rocket.

...with 10x science cost multiplier, and of course in deathworld marathon settings and pure vanilla.
I'm not english, sorry for my mistakes

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Drasius wrote:A beaconless, botless, 1k sci/min megabase. Planning stage is done, blueprints constructed, now it's just slowly churning through the process of building the thousands upon thousands of factories/smelters/mining set-ups and such to actually make it come to life and see just how low my UPS will go.
In case you need some inspiration: viewtopic.php?f=204&t=59054 :-)

Dooces
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dooces »

old goal was to hit 5k/ min science @ 60 ups in mp with bots, did that a while ago.
current goal is 6k/min science with belts @ 60 ups in mp. belts are amazing now, getting inserters to put on/take off from belts is still terrible, but there are lots of ways to set them up efficiently.
probably after this ill start fooling around with mods, where a whole new set of challenges await.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

10k science per minute in a mirrored block design factory, consisting of a central structure factory and supply/recycling base, and 8x 1250 sci/min clusters in a mirrored block formation around it.
Currently finished the first block and working on the support/structure factory in the center (since I also assign sat production there). Going rather smoothly thus far but I got an earlier (failed) attempt on a 10k sci centralized plant to decommission... which will be a pain in the neck to do.
Note to self, never try to push in excess of 30k iron and copper per sec through a single smelter. No way in the nine hells you'll get that throughput in vanilla.
Slow progress with a fulltime job gobbling up time, but meh. I'm in no hurry. Love single player games!

dognosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dognosh »

OK you experienced players, how about setting me a goal ?

My Bio : I have played extensively with vanilla,and a few QOL mods like warehouse, bottleneck, afraid of the dark......

I see there are many many BOB mods,many Angel mods, spacex , deathworld...and many "game mode" mods.
Which combo should I set up for my next game ?(and which of the many bob/angel mods ? )
I don't mind complicated, as I prefer restarting to changing mods to start again, and learn again.
ty :)

DScoffers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DScoffers »

I've played three games in Factorio with a real long-term goal other than simply launching a rocket.

I started #1 below in 0.15 and put it on hold when 0.16 was released until 0.16 was stable. In the meantime completed #2 and I'm almost done with #3.

1) 60rpm (Vanilla+)
I planned this map from the start to get 60rpm continuously. (ie when buffers are not backed up). When #3 is finished I'll get back to this map and finish it. Low UPS is a big issue though.
It needs around 150GW to run, and produces 2.4million iron plates and 2.4k science per minute.

2) SpaceX
A good challenge, but found this quite frustrating as any increases in production were very slow.
Used the following settings:
Marathon Mode
Recipe difficulty: Expensive
Technology difficulty: Expensive
Technology price multiplier: 10
SpaceX research cost multiplier: 16
SpaceX production cost multiplier: 16
SpaceX launch profile: x25

3) Seablock
Started this without playing Angels or Bobs before. It has a steep learning curve, a few bugs, but is really good fun. Currently on the final research.
I'd recommend this to anyone who has played Factorio a lot. Give it some time and you'll be drawn in.

Asm_nh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Asm_nh »

On 3 different playthroughs now, depending on what I feel like working on at a time.

1) Seablock - long term goal is to just finish, short term as of now is to make what I have now (just got blue science automated) working without breaking due to byproduct overstock before I go towards next steps. Petrochem is a bit hard to solve.

2) Angels/Bobs mods - started it recently more as a playground to learn A/B stuff without being constrained by space and resource production; current goal is to solve mineral to ore refining process to get proper working ratios with clearly defined inputs/outputs of byproducts/secondary inputs; long term - I just want to see what will come out of this.

3) Vanilla (unmodded) - training and testing various builds/maps before I attempt to get the one missing Steam achievement (spoon) in one session without using help of guides.
dognosh wrote:OK you experienced players, how about setting me a goal ?

My Bio : I have played extensively with vanilla,and a few QOL mods like warehouse, bottleneck, afraid of the dark......

I see there are many many BOB mods,many Angel mods, spacex , deathworld...and many "game mode" mods.
Which combo should I set up for my next game ?(and which of the many bob/angel mods ? )
I don't mind complicated, as I prefer restarting to changing mods to start again, and learn again.
ty :)
I'd suggest trying Seablock - it offers almost full experience of Angels/Bobs set, while simultaneously changing how you approach resource gathering significantly. Nice thing is having full control about what is produced (everything is made from water), while not making it into infinite resources forever kind of gameplay due to how valuable landfill is (especially early on) and everything being centered around electricity as your main resource.

Return to “General discussion”