Check/Change Biter Expansion?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Dyesi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Check/Change Biter Expansion?

Post by Dyesi »

I just loaded up a world I had made a couple days ago, and really got into it. I can't remember if Biter expansion is on or off. Is there a way to check that, and if it's on, to turn it off? (Lua commands, file editing, the like)

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Check/Change Biter Expansion?

Post by Jap2.0 »

Go to the load screen, click the button to get a map exchange string, put that into the map generator, and look at the settings.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Hedning1390
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hedning1390 »

There's guaranteed to be a /c command for toggling it on/off. Don't know it but should be easy to look up.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Hedning1390 wrote:There's guaranteed to be a /c command for toggling it on/off. Don't know it but should be easy to look up.
Ah, yes, I forgot about the second part of the question. It's /c game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.enabled = false . Note that that will disable achievements.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

To add to what was said, if it disables achievements there is a (fairly tricky) way to re-enable them but it might be more than what you want to deal with. Just google for "factorio re enable achievements" if you want to go that route. You should find it reasonably easily.

But regardless of what you choose to do... make sure you make an extra save of your game before changing anything. That way if you don't like the results you'll be able to go back.

Dyesi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dyesi »

Thank you guys, I checked it and it was on, and the command successfully turned it off. I'm not really going for achievements, so I just left them off. :D

Fenix_4491
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fenix_4491 »

I trie putting in this command to turn biters on, obviously setting the variable to 'true, buuuuut... Nothing happened. kept playing for 2 hours after I did this and they still havent' expanded... help? I'd like to have a challenge with this current save. tia.

Return to “General discussion”