How come GOG.com is still on version 0.15?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

How come GOG.com is still on version 0.15?

Post by ManaUser »

Not a huge deal since people can key the serial key and then update through this site or the built-in updater, but since 0.16.36 was declared stable, shouldn't that version be the default version for new players?

Just wanted to make sure my fellow GOG users don't get forgotten.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How come GOG.com is still on version 0.15?

Post by 5thHorseman »

GOG is always slow on updates, and I don't think they do betas at all. I haven't bought anything from them in about 5 years because of it, and tell anybody who values getting current versions of frequently updated games to do the same.

Basically you need to decide when buying what's worth more, a couple bucks or timely updates.

ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ManaUser »

They are "slow on updates", but that's normally like a day or two, not over a month. Seems more like the devs either neglected to send them the update, or chose to hold off for some reason. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't an oversight.

Not sure what money has to do with it, it's only 1 cent cheaper on GOG. Only reason I bought it there instead of here is because they prominently assured my it was DRM free, which this site fails to clarify.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

You can get it from factorio.com if you bought it on gog.com: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=38402, beyond that you need to contact gog.com support and ask them why they do not update their download server, they do this manually for some reason.

Return to “General discussion”