factorio in space / factorio space program.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

factorio in space / factorio space program.

Post by Hellatze »

i see latest roadmap include cosmetic updates, GUI stuff and mod support.

but i really wish they care / add space program in their roadmap. adding z axis is fine too. that was more ambitious project.

the space program stagnant for a long time. so many possibility when we go to space. also making a lot of possibility.

kinda tired of saying this multiple time.

if they add space / z axis feature right, i will stop complaining.

really.

CureSafaia
Inserter
Inserter

Re: factorio in space / factorio space program.

Post by CureSafaia »

Adding z axis seems like a huge waste of time for like, nothing of value added to this game.

And for space factorio, I get your point but I don't know about the actual automation value added to that, maybe someone can mod something using the multiple factories feature to see if it works.
This game is awesome

Bauer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bauer »

CureSafaia wrote:Adding z axis seems like a huge waste of time for like, nothing of value added to this game.
I disagree. A z-axis could

- make mining much more interesting
- de-tangle mining and production -- I hate building on resources
- make cliffs much more meaningful
- allow for completely new variations of factorio layouts -- the lategame layout with row of xxx sandwiched between two rows of beacons is borring
(by having a stucture element that allows you to build stuff in different layers, with means to elevate stuff for one level to the next one)

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

There are no good ways to add 3D in current Factorio and balance everything. It should be completely new game planned from beginning to be 3D.

Current content is quite final state. Game is almost ready and devs add last little things and polish everything to be ready for official publishing. So, beginner can continue his complaining. In my opinion it is futile. Vanilla content is very well worth of price and modding can give much more.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

If you thought 2D spaghetti was bad, just try to navigate 3d spaghetti.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

First thing the Z axis thing should yield is the abiliy to do underground mining and tunneling of rail. Underground rails have been a frequent request. But it'd require a complete redesign of Factorio - to the point that the result probably wouldn't even be Factorio anymore.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Hellatze wrote:i see latest roadmap include cosmetic updates, GUI stuff and mod support.

but i really wish they care / add space program in their roadmap. adding z axis is fine too. that was more ambitious project.
How many times has someone to tell you that they are aiming at finishing up the game and before that hasn't happened the devs aren't even thinking about more sophisticated additional content or an addon/dlc. Hence why there is no over-the-top stuff anymore in the roadmap.
Hellatze wrote:kinda tired of saying this multiple time.
Then stop it. It's not like space or z-axis stuff hasn't been suggested like a million times before anyway, showing off that you did zero research or simply don't care, falsely believing your whiny "But... but I want it so badly" opinion, which you are expressing in every single one of your threads, is more valuable than all the thousands of fleshed out suggestions that have been posted in the Ideas and Suggestions Board.
Hellatze wrote:if they add space / z axis feature right, i will stop complaining.

really.
Ahahaha... No you wouldn't because you are spoiled and unsatisfiable, proven by yourself through your constant complaining and unreasonable accusations whenever the devs didn't give in to your demands throughout the past year. Hence why I would also continue not giving a crap about your childish and desperate but in the end futile extortion attempts if I were them.

Pick up another game or a hobby and check back in a year or two if the development progress is too slow for your taste and by then hopefully you will also have grasped that not everything will go the way you want it to just because you are constantly on the edge of complaining.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Hellatze wrote:but i really wish they care / add space program in their roadmap.
Won't happen
Hellatze wrote:adding z axis is fine too. that was more ambitious project.
Won't happen
Hellatze wrote:i will stop complaining.
Won't happen

[Koub] This topic is going nowhere, except in a troll war, therefore I'm locking it
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “General discussion”