Rotate electric pole

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
CzBuCHi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Rotate electric pole

Post by CzBuCHi »

So i spend at least half a hour trying to place medium electric pole in a way it would resemble "7" ... but that damm thing always randomly rotate itself when attaching wire to it (and as a result all wires are crossing each other ...)

i know, this is "just" OCD but can we please rotate it manually? - just for our (in)sanity reasons....

Thx

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Rotate electric pole

Post by MeduSalem »

I already expected someone to start a thread about that sooner or later.

Hedning1390
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hedning1390 »

You can detatch and manually attach the cables. This means the poles will rotate in a predictable way.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Hedning1390 wrote:You can detatch and manually attach the cables. This means the poles will rotate in a predictable way.
Yes it results in a predictable result, but if OP wants the pole to be rotated in a very specific way independent from how the cables are attached then manually detaching/attaching cables doesn't help at all.

CzBuCHi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CzBuCHi »

MeduSalem wrote:
Hedning1390 wrote:You can detatch and manually attach the cables. This means the poles will rotate in a predictable way.
Yes it results in a predictable result, but if OP wants the pole to be rotated in a very specific way independent from how the cables are attached then manually detaching/attaching cables doesn't help at all.
ya .. i tried that ... had pole with 7 different connections (all 3 wires) ... managed to connect 4 before i rage deconstruct half of screen :D (im in sandbox so no loss)

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HurkWurk »

if your OCD is that high, look into bobs mods, bobs power includes upgraded electric poles and stuff, his substations get large enough range that you can put one on each corner of a block and they will connect and overlap, giving you a nice square wire layout.

Return to “General discussion”