communicating with others in main screen (or multiplay menu)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
TooMellow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

communicating with others in main screen (or multiplay menu)

Post by TooMellow »

I dont know where to post this idea where it will get at least seen, even if its ignored, but heres my best spot i guess, anyways, i was thinking that a really neat idea to add into factorio would be to have an open chat (open to everyone whos on the main screen at least) where anyone can chat into and talk to others on the main screen, ( or put in next to the multiplay lobbys, which would make more sense) that way, if somone is looking to host a custom scenario lobby, where they might want to join someone in the supply challenge or wave defense challenge, or fight them in the other modes, then they can call upon others who are looking for random multiplay lobbys to join, can see their message and join them. it would be a great way to make other factorio friends and be alot easier to join lobbys you KNOW have at least active players (not afks). it would make the custom scenarios played more frequently if it was easier to join up with randoms on them. maybe clicking their name in the chat would let you pm them somehow so you can share passwords if you just want one random to join you and not 20, idk but its just something to think about. A menu chat. would be helpful. but not needed. so we'll see. let me know what you think of the idea. :) (sorry if this subject is already talked about, i looked, didnt find anything on mass in game menu chat.)

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: communicating with others in main screen (or multiplay menu)

Post by quinor »

It's an interesting idea to integrate it into the game. For now Factorio has got irc channel - there is plenty of active people at all times :)

IRC info: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7273

Return to “General discussion”