That moment when,

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: That moment when,

Post by -root »

You've built entirely around the lake and realize that getting from one side of your base to the other is a gigantic PITA.

Myaskol
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Myaskol »

you realize you just deleted all ur savegames by re-downloading the game.

Junion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Junion »

You realize you spent over an hour in a chat discussion about factorio...discussing what it would take to make a 'train defense' (using trains to kill biters near your base).

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Junion wrote:You realize you spent over an hour in a chat discussion about factorio...discussing what it would take to make a 'train defense' (using trains to kill biters near your base).
that moment when you enjoyed said discussion and thought the suggestion had some merit but was hard to pull off...

NeaGigel2014
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NeaGigel2014 »

That moment when you are spawned on an island!

Try building a base here! :)

Map generation string:
>>>AAALAAAAJgADAwYAAAAEAAAAY29hbAUFBAoAAABjb3BwZXItb3Jl
BQUECQAAAGNydWRlLW9pbAUFBAoAAABlbmVteS1iYXNlAQAACAAAAGl
yb24tb3JlBQUEBQAAAHN0b25lBQUEkxcI6kwLAACSBwAAAAAAAAAAAA
AEAdLMMbU=<<<

Rage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rage »

That moment when your FPS and UPS maxes out and you know it's cause your trains deadlocked again.

Dantounet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dantounet »

That moment when you run completly out of oil and you realise you didn't set a limit to explosives factory, and have 3 full chests of it.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Dantounet wrote:That moment when you run completly out of oil and you realise you didn't set a limit to explosives factory, and have 3 full chests of it.
At least you'll be able to make plenty of cannon shells :lol:
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Skellitor301
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Skellitor301 »

you are designing newer modules to your base, and then wear down half your pic putting up and tearing down 'til you're finally satisfied with it. Then your pick breaks when you add it in and update your base.

JackGruff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JackGruff »

You are blinded by your robotic network. FPS also goes down quite a bit.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (807.75 KiB) Viewed 7054 times

Phantomix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Phantomix »

That moment, when...
... you realise that the oil transportation by train used the only test-barrel you created for over an hour, because biters distracted you from building the barrel production :D

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

Phantomix wrote:That moment, when...
... you realise that the oil transportation by train used the only test-barrel you created for over an hour, because biters distracted you from building the barrel production :D
Or my model ... where you automate production of barrels and filling / loading /etc and forget to validate everything due to bug attacks ... then realize you now have over 3k empty barrels gumming up your system ....

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gandalf »

Marconos wrote:Or my model ... where you automate production of barrels and filling / loading /etc and forget to validate everything due to bug attacks ... then realize you now have over 3k empty barrels gumming up your system ....
Yup. Definitely happens.
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

warmadmax
Inserter
Inserter

Post by warmadmax »

empty oil barrels clogging up the system happens more than i'd like as well!

thought i'd sorted it, put a couple of several stacks of steel into an barrel assembler to feed onto the belt way downstream of the "empty oil" machines i'd got,
after train had sucked up two carriages full of empty barrels, belt was empty, a surge of barrel production happened.
after the train did a few more trips and the above repeated a few times, both my full barrel belt and the empty barrel belt were full,
the empty oil machines had nowhere for the inserters to put the empty barrels and it all came to a halt!.

bloody things, think i'll need to swap the wooden chests for smart chests and wire up smart inserters to control barrel production,
got one barrel in any of the chests, don't make any more! :D

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

making a sorter for iron, copper and stone but somehow derped at placing the transport belts and everything gets mixed

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Your whole train system stops working because you weren't paying enough attention, and accidentally places a rail signal on the wrong side. >.>
Image Image Image

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Your oil refinery stops working because someone introduced water into all of your oil pipes. >:D

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

FishSandwich wrote:Your oil refinery stops working because someone introduced water into all of your oil pipes. >:D
... and you play solo :mrgreen:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

anmoch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by anmoch »

You spend half an hour with a friend redesigning the entry/exit area into your main train station to allow trains to exit and enter at the same time, and shortly afterwards the new design gets everything stuck in a 7-train deadlock.

(Sadly I didn't make a screenshot.)

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GlassDeviant »

You spend hours designing new ways to load and unload trains, and then realise there's nothing left for them to haul because every ore deposit you have been mining is now thoroughly depleted.

While at the same time, the ores and plates you had stockpiled have been completely drained by your belts/logistic network/assembly machines which you optimized beforehand.

So you have a super efficient train system and super efficient factory capable of processing huge amounts of raw materials but nothing to process with them :)
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

Return to “General discussion”