Re-enable blueprinting in unrevealed but scouted area

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
TheClaw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re-enable blueprinting in unrevealed but scouted area

Post by TheClaw »

So in the current "unstable" version it is not possible to blueprint partially in unrevealed terrain, this is quite annoying since I have some blueprints that are bigger then 1 screen. (especially my rail block)

Before I could just slab thise one at the end of the previous block and continue my railroad highway. Now this is not possible because the I cannot see the end of the blueprint.
In practice this means that I have to slab my blueprint 2 times. I don' t see the reason or logic behind this.

So I am asking the following: If the area is scouted but not revealed can you please re-enable the placing of the blueprints in this area. To be honest I would also like it to slab them in unscouted area but I can see the reason this is too powerful.

Kind regards,

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Re-enable blueprinting in unrevealed but scouted area

Post by BHakluyt »

Yes! Please. May I add my +1 to this.

I don't think it is overpowered. And the scale of the game just doesn't allow one with big dreams to get by with one screen. And please don't argue that you should go place lots of radars around prior to placing a bp, this is just an annoying extra hassle. Plus the current way actually feels not right. It feels half done or broken or something. Please revert this feature back?

Vegemeister
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Vegemeister »

+1

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

+42

I had to integrate a radar every two chunks into my solar blueprint, and even then it's only possible to stamp down more after the radars have already been build, and even then only for 2 chunks widths and then wait again for more radars..., and ofc such a huge amount of radars makes the whole thing less efficient.
At the very least trying to place down a blueprint that would be cut in half by the fog of war should produce a highly visible error.

urza99814
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by urza99814 »

+1

The deconstruction planner being limited like this is even more annoying to me. If you're trying to build rail through the forest you've gotta redo the deconstruction planner every few steps where previously i could drag the whole way across the map. And some of the forests are so dense it's hard to walk through them and start from the middle so that cuts the max size in half again! And i can't build radar until after i build out my logistics lines (at least the power poles) so there's no reasonable way to extend that. I still have to walk the full distance to get my roboport in range, so limiting the planner area doesn't actually change what i can do or give any more/less power...it just adds an additional redundant and repetitive task which cannot be automated.

mr_fancy_pants
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mr_fancy_pants »

Very much agree with the other comments. Being able to blueprint and deconstruct in areas covered by fog of war is tremendously useful, as it saves a ton of hassle. Please bring it back.

zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zytukin »

+1
Quite an annoying change for anybody that works with large blueprints.

btw, if you're ok with disabling achievements, you can use a console command to zoom out your view beyond the normal range. Allows you to see and thus place blueprints as large as you can imagine. But it's quite laggy.

Bauer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bauer »

+1 !!!!!!

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

Well yea +1

But it only really annoyed me in map view. I remotely place blueprints. Mostly some rail setups and solar arrays. In self view enough of the map is revealed it seems. Havent had problems yet

Kalixt
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kalixt »

I have to agree with this, If I want to place big blueprint to areas outside of radar's range, I have to create layer of electricity poles with radars.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Clear Skies of Peace - Toggle Fog of War
A shortcut button and a hotkey (default F7) for toggling Fog of War. Now you can actually place blueprints anywhere on the map view without them being cut off and requiring multiple placements. Like having radars everywhere at no cost. Simple toggle so you can disable it anytime you are not placing blueprints on map in case you want to use radars primarily.
I was so annoyed by this that I immediately made a mod to remove FoW so that I can place my blueprints. The map placement feature needs this to really be useful.

I wish removing FoW wasn't necessary. It's a bit too OP doing it this way. But it's the lesser evil here.

I can place blueprints without having them cut off if I'm not doing it from map view. Which means I have to go there and not use the map view. Or I can place radars everywhere manually. But then I'm already doing manual work O(N), where N is area of my blueprint because I need a radar for every x chunks.
Or I can have radars in my blueprints and place it over and over. But the radar only covers 3 chunks past the one it is in, which means if you have something that is more than 3x3 chunks big with some entities that share edges then it will be cut off. So in practice the largest chunk based blueprint I can place in view of another radar is 2x2...

And it was good before you nerfed it. On release of map view there weren't these crazy limitations that just make it tedious and annoying.

Return to “General discussion”