Factori02: Colonisation.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Dry Hairy Tree
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Factori02: Colonisation.

Post by Dry Hairy Tree »

Got an idea for a sequel to this game that I'd like to put out there and see what people think/add to the idea.

After sending your satellite you receive a message back from Earth. The planet is in dire straights (war, volcanism, meteor strike?...) and people are leaving en-masse in ships with no idea of a final destination. Your discovery of a habitable planet has become of vital importance. You are to build infrastructure for a colony. This may include many tasks:

Finding suitable locations - arable land types, biter clearing, security borders...
Exploration of indigenous life - for crops, domesticating biters, fish for food, herbs for medicines etc....
Exploration goals (uncover x amount of tiles, species, water sources, resources)
Bioengineering - microbial cultures to enrich the atmosphere and maybe soils.
And the buildings e.g. Water purification plants. Power plants. Housing. Recreation... etc.

It may be the Earth has found itself in a new war, and you are to build a military colony. Either way, you are on a strange planet building complex things. It stays in the spirit of the game while expanding on it. Perhaps. :?:

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Factori02: Colonisation.

Post by HurkWurk »

i would love a scenario world (small MMO style?) where the goal is the player(s) are there for a specific reason. IE make 100 iron a minute here, then over there, they need heavy oil, etc. but each area is separate, the player completes tasks and moves on, but can freely move around and use resources from any area (think mega base thats already partially setup, but your job is to set up each area to feed the train network, which allows you to make the next area easier)

reminds me a bit of Tropico actually. i loved the freeform nature of that game, but that it was also coupled with goals.

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by garath »

Sounds like a great idea for a mod. I’d guess most elements might be possible.

TurkleTrenox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TurkleTrenox »

sounds like rimworld

Return to “General discussion”