Fix Belts first

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Fix Belts first

Post by aober93 »

Guys,... i havent seen this issue discussed before. But when i sideload a belt, only one side of the feeding belt will go on the target belt, and if this side has gaps they will transfer to the target belt. One would think the other side will fill the gaps but no. Sorry but i have seen several sideloading issues been talked about, but not this one.

One way to fix this on my part is to compress one side of the belt with some crazy spaghetti mess, so this belt will sideload. I think this worked before!!

Youre talking about ways to make belts better, heres how.

Edit: Lane Balanceer stopped working because same issue!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Fix Belts first

Post by Koub »

The belt oddities are most probably side-effects of the belt optimizations in 0.16 and are being actively worked upon.
viewtopic.php?p=330172#p330172
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54693
If you feel you experience a truly new bug unrelated to the others, post a bug report with all the information needed to see and reproduce for the devs to investigate.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Fix Belts first

Post by aober93 »

I dont think its a bug, but rather a side effect of the changed mechanics. Everyone said sideloading on a faster belt doesnt work. But also sideloading on the same speed belt doesnt work. Its like this:

Given that half full belt should fill a single lane completely when sideloading. It does, but only if the items on the half full belt are already on one side, and only if they are on the side that is first to feed the target belt. And only then. If this side has big enough gaps, the other will kick in. But "big enough" is huge
This makes for some illogic problems. For example i have a belt being split and sidefeeding 2 other belts. One would perfectly sideload. But since it takes away every other item from the same lane that feeds the other belt, the other will have less , but not few enough for sideloading to take the other lane. It has gaps that the other lane cant fill. And this sideload takes away from the first sideload and you start seeing the same on both. All the while the other lane stays unused.
Sideloading can be as ineffective as like approx 50% with all the gaps. But with varrying success depending on the feeding belt compression.

If i mirror OR sideload one belt from the other side, it'll work. But i still cant feed a third belt if theres an uncompressed lane. You cannot even solve it by compressing a belt or lane, if there is still the other lane uncompressed. And that with all the compression issues.

Return to “General discussion”