Factorio RTS

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
ClockworkAlex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Factorio RTS

Post by ClockworkAlex »

I have been playing Factorio from the very beginning. Super addicting and a pretty unique experience. Whenever I play Factorio though I always feel that it was a missed opportunity to make a RTS base building game. No Avatar, just a overhead mouse UI with the complex systems being used to construct tanks and train troops etc like a strategic RTS game. I always feel like the little avatar character and how it places structures is not natural and a bit strange. I would say keep everything else mostly the same.

Maybe an idea for Factorio 2!

batorfly
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Factorio RTS

Post by batorfly »

Factorio is already going in direction of RTS-style gameplay. With Addition of such features as buffer chest (i mean, you can move items for constructing far away from base easily with buffer chests), placing blueprints from map view, managing trains from map, zooming from map etc. I hope this is only a matter of time when DEV's add late game kind of Command Center building! For this to happen we need a couple of features (managing big logistic and construction networks), maybe e.g. attributing robots to particular roboports, filter bots (like filter inserter, basicaly you set number of bots to carry only one, maybe two materials) or other mechanics that let us control bots more, of course with such features bots need a nerf, and belts need a buff, otherwise bots will be OP, and dominate belts in mid-late game (there is already a lot of discussion going in that topic). With addition of artillery and usage of bots and buffer chests you can already expand, and clear large area just by placing next roboport > buffer chest with > artillery tower, and some ammo/laser turrets, maybe radar here and there > repeat.

Good mod for you is nanobots, maybe consider that, if you are not a vanilla only type of guy.

(I wonder how my writing is different as a Pole, in opposite to native speaker, maybe american, canadian or australian. This is offtop so i suppose this thread isn't the best place for that, if someone wants to PM me about that that will be great. Maybe the biggest spelling or other errors in my post, or words that i use witch can be replaced with more common, accurat ones, bc i translated maybe 2 or 3 [for that instance "attributing", for that i used g. translate, maybe "assigning" will be better?])

Return to “General discussion”