Battery Size and Research Productivity Bonus

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
GhostlyDark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Battery Size and Research Productivity Bonus

Post by GhostlyDark »

Hey guys,

me and my friends worked hard on a new world (v0.16.7) in multiplayer and we noticed a bonus out of nowhere.
It's called Battery Size, which makes all flying robots need to charge less often.
It's a cool bonus, but how is it that I can't find any information on it in the release notes, neither do we know how to increase it?
The bonus is NOT something you get for doing research.

There is also Research Productivity. Same story, no idea where it comes from.
My friends also noticed higher than normal Mining Productivity (e.g. +4% above research value), though I personally can't confirm that.
Attachments
battery-size-bonus.jpg
battery-size-bonus.jpg (96.15 KiB) Viewed 2685 times

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Battery Size and Research Productivity Bonus

Post by Neemys »

Those two are moddable bonus. Vanilla game don't provide a way to change them (like researching to increment). It's one of the few things that only exist for modding/scenario purpose like grid in vehicle, equipment to be immune to belt, expensive technology map option.

Mods for battery only : https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Klonan/R ... y_Research

Mods for research productivity : https://mods.factorio.com/mods/TatsuZZMage/ResearchProd
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

GhostlyDark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GhostlyDark »

Thanks for the reply.
I should have mentioned that we are all on vanilla. No mods whatsoever.
It's also no Scenario or PvP world. Just a normal world we used commands to make forces, so everybody could build his very own base.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

GhostlyDark wrote:Thanks for the reply.
I should have mentioned that we are all on vanilla. No mods whatsoever.
It's also no Scenario or PvP world. Just a normal world we used commands to make forces, so everybody could build his very own base.
When no mods, those two bonus shouldn't appear as they should be zero. Either there was a time when mods where enabled on the save then removed or there was a problem. Enjoy you free bonus ;)
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

GhostlyDark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GhostlyDark »

The thing is, we never used mods and the bonus gets higher and lower depending on "we-have-no-clue".
I suspect some kind of glitch, probably caused by those commands we used or triggered by something else.

Since it's not supposed to appear and so far it's only a one time thing (nobody else reported this), I don't think it's worth investigating for the devs.
For future reference, I'll upload the map anyway (can't export it as string for some reason).

Here our player info:

TheBlackDragon (top-left)
DARK (top-right)
James (bottom-right)
TachTach (bottom-left)

We split the world into four parts with four different forces (1-4), each with our own base. Changing your force to 1, 2, 3 or 4 grants you access to see the bonus status of the corresponding base (use commands). We can't remember which force is which, sorry... You can also just change your nickname in the Factorio install folder and name yourself after one of us. DARK is the one on the screenshot, James and TachTach have much higher bonuses. TheBlackDragon has no glitched bonus.

Download (GoogleDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GP3KXO ... sp=sharing

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

When I loaded your game and looked into the chat I saw that command to edit the bonuses were used :
edited directly..jpg
edited directly..jpg (102.37 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
Those command were also used to edit the bonus on other forces. I don't looked much further since I don't have time now. I will look into the replay later but I think it was command that edited those bonus. If not I may be able to find a bug that will need to get reported.

GhostlyDark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GhostlyDark »

OK. I just opened the chat and saw these commands too. Nobody entered these, so the game did it all by itself.
Cool thing you are looking into it.

EDIT: As it turned out, the game keeps changing the values via commands. Research speed is too high for forces 1 and 2 and there is also a bonus called crafting speed (force 2) and lifetime (force 1 and 2) for follower robots.
I cannot recommend commands to create a custom world. Crazy things might happen.

Return to “General discussion”