Alien aggression in factorio

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
letuandk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Alien aggression in factorio

Post by letuandk »

I was booting up factorio when i thought about peaceful mode. if you dont know, peaceful mode is when aliens do not attack you first. olny when you attack them. but i was thinking, should there be more options? i remembered when on my first map, i wanted to defend against the aliens. but it took so long for them to show up and after that, they never attacked me. i dont know why. i was not on peaceful mode. i made sure by going to the exchange map string. it was all default. so i thought. maybe there should be options for the aliens aggression and evolution. as with the recorces you can set big lots little and other things, so why not do that with aliens. you could have the aliens with
Agression: Very aggressive, Extra Aggessive, Default, Little Aggression, and not aggressive, and none just like the recorces
and with evolution rates,
Evolution: High, extra,default, lower, very low, and none

Please tell me if you think this would be a good idea

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Alien aggression in factorio

Post by Loewchen »

This sounds like a development suggestion, I had a look and could not find something like this, if you want me to I could move it.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Alien aggression in factorio

Post by Serenity »

You can adjust alien evolution. Just not with clearly named presets

I found the size of the starting area plays a huge role. If you pick very large it's possible to play for a long, long time before your pollution cloud reaches them.

Return to “General discussion”