Artillery

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Olix
Inserter
Inserter

Artillery

Post by Olix »

I am really enjoying the new Artillery! The logistics problem of getting ammo out to my walls is interesting (I never bothered before for gun or flamethrower turrets). However, I feel like I out-gun the biters too much now - particular if I use the artillery in manual aim mode, the range is huge!

Is there any plan to increase the capabilities of the biters in late game, to compensate? Something like a 'wave attack', as in the recent They Are Billions, could work: all biter nests within the range of pollution could launch a simultaneous attack, would could put stress on the player's energy grid and logistics network.

sathill
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Artillery

Post by sathill »

Yes laser drain energy and its problem when wave of all bitters around attack. But try for once most OP turrent out there - flame. Even without upgrades it does massive damage and all what you need is crude oil + walls (like 1k of oil of it for entire outpost for long long time). No need for energy, easy to deliver fuel, only downside is it does need walls.

I would call artillery OP because it goes very late and nukes are also common at this point.

Olix
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Olix »

I just noticed that the biters sometimes run away from my factory rather than towards it when I target their nests with artillery, particularly if they are far away. I feel kind of sorry for them :(

justincuster
Inserter
Inserter

Post by justincuster »

Olix wrote:I just noticed that the biters sometimes run away from my factory rather than towards it when I target their nests with artillery, particularly if they are far away. I feel kind of sorry for them :(
I also tend to find bugs hanging around in random places after the artillery train leaves. Do they de-spawn after a certain time?
- Justin -

Return to “General discussion”