Roboport supplying repair-packs to requester chests

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Kefur
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Roboport supplying repair-packs to requester chests

Post by Kefur »

Since the 1.16 patch (plaing with bobs mods) I noticed that a requester chest inserting repair-packs into a roboport creates an infinite loop.

The inserter takes the repair-packs from the requester chest and puts them into the roboport.
Then logisitc robots take the repair-packs from the roboport to fill the open requests from the req. chest.

This kinda makes the repair-pack slots in roboports useless, since they will clogg up the system with redundant tasks.

Is this working as intended, did I miss something or is this a bug?

cheers

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Roboport supplying repair-packs to requester chests

Post by DaveMcW »

Confirmed it also happens in vanilla. It looks like roboport repair pack slots now count as passive providers.
Kefur wrote:This kinda makes the repair-pack slots in roboports useless
They have been useless for a long time, people are constantly asking for them to be changed or removed.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Is this working as intended, did I miss something or is this a bug?
This has been addressed already, the slots in the roboports exist to allow bots to directly land without need to unload at a logistic chest first, filling them up via inserter conflicts with that purpose.

DerGraue
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DerGraue »

TL;DR: Don't put repair packs into roboports with inserters. Just leave them in whatever provider chest.

You were never supposed to put repair packs directly into roboports. If you just put them into logistic chests or passive provider chests (or with 0.16 in a buffer chest) the robots would just pick up a repair pack and repair stuff.
If they had leftovers of the repair pack they would just dump it into the roboport.
The issue pre 0.16 was that these repair packs in the roboports were only available for the robots that were already in the roboport. If all the construction bots were ordered to another roboport for example to build something, the repair packs were left and without construction robots they were not available to the nework anymore. With 0.16 this issue is solved because the repair packs are now part of the logistic network and are available to all bots regardless where those bots are.

ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ManaUser »

So I guess the proper way to do this now is to put a buffer chest requesting repair packs near your roboport.

The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Eriksonn »

ManaUser wrote:So I guess the proper way to do this now is to put a buffer chest requesting repair packs near your roboport.
Or near the Place where the biters come...

Return to “General discussion”