Science crafting times changed? or a bug?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Drakken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Science crafting times changed? or a bug?

Post by Drakken »

I am running version 0.16.6. My reds in the assembly machine are taking 10 seconds the tooltip still says 5. My greens are taking 8 seconds the tooltip still says 6. I am playing a deathworld map and had the research cost multiplier set at 2. However, neither of those should cause this issue.

So has this changed and is WAD? Or is it a bug. It is vital that these times be accurate to build an efficient factory.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Science crafting times changed? or a bug?

Post by Bilka »

The assembling machine 1 has a crafting speed of 0.5, so recipes take twice their crafting time.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Drakken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Science crafting times changed? or a bug?

Post by Drakken »

I can't believe I never noticed this before. However, this is the first time I tried precisely balancing research labs which do not have these variations (except for tech of course) with the machines that make the potions in the first place. Usually I just balance the machines with each other. As long as there is a level 1 assembly machine in the chain of items the entire chain is running at half speed and so it appears they are all synchronized.

Now I literally have to change all of my plans. I love this game.

Return to “General discussion”