Xterminator Youtube acc Terminated? Now Restored

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
TatsuZZMage
Inserter
Inserter

Xterminator Youtube acc Terminated? Now Restored

Post by TatsuZZMage »

Anyone else getting a account terminated when visting a Xterminator video? I can only hope youtube fixes what in all probability was its content id bot being over zealous, or false DMCA claims.
This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations.
Well that's informative. not
Edit well looks like the youtube ai flagged it while doing a spam seacrh.
Last edited by TatsuZZMage on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Xterminator Youtube acc Terminated?

Post by aober93 »

yea me

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

Apparently I were in the middle of watching last stream footage when it happened and it didn't let me watch the rest lol.

Sad thing is, if not enough followers mail, tweet or otherwise complain at YT, nothing will be done, almost everything is automatic there.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

From Xterm's discord channel.
@everyone My YouTube account has been suspended, due to a mistake by YouTube or it being hacked (i'm guessing latter), and I'm working the best I can to get it restored. Please bear with me as I work through it.
I want to assure you all though that I did nothing wrong and my account was in good standing and had no violation strikes.

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

I were wondering, could Factorio devs support #FreeXterminator2017 campaign by making shortly coming FFF about the issue? I believe his videos aided Factorio popularity greatly and would be worth it. Support from actual game development company would be a great help against YT.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

I think it would be more appropriate to wait until we (or at least the devs) understand exactly why his account was terminated.

In my view, if I was a developer I wouldn't want to get publicly involved in such a case without understanding why his account was terminated. And I don't think it is appropriate for people to ask the devs to do that, until and unless we, or at least the devs, have that understanding.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

youtube has started terminating accounts left and right for folks that didn't do anything wrong.
there is a market for a good video hosting site that isn't bias like youtube.

Klydon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Klydon »

I watch a lot of his videos, especially related to Factorio and he hasn't been anything but a great ambassador for Factorio in terms of content he provides. It has to be some sort of screw up by YT. Getting in touch with someone there to fix it will likely be a nightmare.

Very much a shame and hopefully he can get it resolved soon.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Well it looks like his channel is back now. Videos are coming back, but it looks like they need to be reprocessed.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Now KoS Youtube acc Terminated!

Post by Anson »

just noticed : Xterminator did a cooperation with KoS, and now her youtube account seems to be infected with the same problem ?!?
YouTube wrote:Dieses Konto wurde aufgrund wiederholter oder schwerwiegender Verstöße gegen die YouTube-Richtlinien zur Bekämpfung von Spam sowie irreführender Praktiken und Inhalte oder anderen Verstößen gegen die Nutzungsbedingungen gekündigt.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Now KoS Youtube acc Terminated? Now Restored!

Post by Anson »

Anson wrote:... KoS youtube account seems to be infected with the same problem ?!? ...
and SHE'S BACK ... luckily, it didn't take as long as for Xterminator
but of course, all her videos need to be reprocessed for thumbnails and better resolutions, which will probably take aother day until we can watch again with more than only 360 ...

let's hope that YouTube improves and doesn't kick and restore so many people without good reasons in the future (which gives us lots of heart attacks)

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Xterminator Youtube acc Terminated? Now Restored

Post by impetus maximus »

lets hope someone comes out with a decent video hosting service to replace youtube.

dinodod
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Xterminator Youtube acc Terminated? Now Restored

Post by dinodod »

LOL, he dies way too often by trains and that's a violation of Terms. Suicide is NOT an answer! :)=

Return to “General discussion”