Who plays with a Steam Controller as well?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Who plays with a Steam Controller as well?

Post by Koub »

I hate the "Controller" part (whatever the controller) on most PC games.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Daeruun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Daeruun »

I'm experimenting with it. Works quite well, except for the picking of items to build.

My little one loves running around and driving the trains with it.
Unfortunately he keeps running a quick and heavy building-train through slower / standing ore trains :shock:

Coffee2Code
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Coffee2Code »

Koub wrote:I hate the "Controller" part (whatever the controller) on most PC games.
Understandable when it comes to a regular controller, they're very limited

-----------------------------
Daeruun wrote:I'm experimenting with it. Works quite well, except for the picking of items to build.

My little one loves running around and driving the trains with it.
Unfortunately he keeps running a quick and heavy building-train through slower / standing ore trains :shock:
That's bloody amazing!

Matthias_Wlkp
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Matthias_Wlkp »

I really enjoy Steam Controller. I think it works really well with a lot of games that you would never expect to play via controller (like Crusader Kings 2, Pillars of Eternity, Invisible Inc.).

Maybe it's just me, but in case of Factorio, I just can't get over the issue of pointing at aliens to shoot at them. I tried different things and that alone kills all my enjoyment with the SC in this game. I tried different setups and I couldn't make it work for me. Luckily I have a wireless keyboard and mouse, so I can still play from the couch...

Coffee2Code
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Coffee2Code »

Matthias_Wlkp wrote:I really enjoy Steam Controller. I think it works really well with a lot of games that you would never expect to play via controller (like Crusader Kings 2, Pillars of Eternity, Invisible Inc.).

Maybe it's just me, but in case of Factorio, I just can't get over the issue of pointing at aliens to shoot at them. I tried different things and that alone kills all my enjoyment with the SC in this game. I tried different setups and I couldn't make it work for me. Luckily I have a wireless keyboard and mouse, so I can still play from the couch...
Might write a mod for auto-targeting, but driving cars is absolutely horrid as well at the moment.

Let's hope for contextual action sets! :D

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

I don't use a Steam controller.

But I use a Logitech G13 Gamepad for playing Factorio - the thumb joystick comes in really handy for moving around and driving.
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

Return to “General discussion”