Nuke excluded, what's the best way to clear Alien bases?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Elok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Nuke excluded, what's the best way to clear Alien bases?

Post by Elok »

I have been using tank with hit&run tactic but I've read several old post about other more efficient way with power armor mk2 + modules.

So, what's your way to clear a lot of aliens base with behemoth fast?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Nuke excluded, what's the best way to clear Alien bases?

Post by Loewchen »

Power armor, lots of exoskeleton, Flame thrower, Cluster Granade, Distractor Capsule and Destroyer Capsule.

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by cbhj1 »

I like to plow through the bases with a tank and power armor filled with batteries, a reactor, and a half dozen laser defense modules

DeathMers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DeathMers »

I like to take like 50-60 nukes and go annihilate whole fookin sector after they just try to attack my perimetral defense... But you said no nukes.... So I have to agree with Leowchen. Armor recipe you have to figure out yourself as you like it, based on evolution level.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Old posts recommending Power Armor II were before the days that the Tank had a +100% damage Machine Gun w/ Uranium Ammo as an option... and Personal Laser Defense sucked back then too.

These days I think the Tank + a load of Personal Lasers is the strongest option, using the machine gun unless you want to invest a ton of research into cannon upgrades. Also poison capsule spam to make clusters of worms go away, also inflicts a lot of damage on groups of units especially spitters. Add combat bots if you like but since you can only chuck one kind of capsule at once I usually just go with poison.

Power Armor II with 1 or 2 exos and a load of shields (preferably the basic one: it's more energy efficient so you can get more shield regen with them) and the flamethrower w/ a bunch of upgrades is pretty good too, you can pretty much run around all day and let regen keep you alive - you can't quite facetank Behemoths but you can kite them. Flamethrower is good at making hordes of Behemoths die due to the "death sentence" from the barest splash though it's a little lacking for destroying spawners, you can chuck grenades (either kind) to increase your firepower or deploy combat robots (any kind really). The main advantages over the Tank is you can't get boxed in when on foot and can use the much better handheld flamethrower which provides an excellent slow debuff.

Raveman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Raveman »

For me the best way is to do laser turret creep with robots. Make a blueprint of a large power pole surounded by 8 laser turrets, use your robots to deploy them and voilà.

Elok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Elok »

I did a few test taking into consideration the post here and I've found something interesting.

You can throw item while shooting with the Tank's main gun.

As of now, Explosive cannon shell are quite efficient when you had a few upgrade. They can 1-shot biter nest and damage in a pretty efficient radius if there's not too many behemoth.

So far, shooting Explosive cannon shell with Poison capsule, Destroyer capsule or Cluster grenade have been very efficient as well. If I find a sweet spot I'll post an update.

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

Cease and desist letter from a reputable attorney.

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JimBarracus »

I uesd mk2 shields and exoskeletons with the combat shotgun.
Flame thrower to get rid of a large number of aliens.
Nothing was able to stop me.

Return to “General discussion”