0.17 Hype?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 0.17 Hype?

Post by Hannu »

boksiora wrote:Spidertron please!!!!!
If you make spidertron, please give him 8 legs if there are not any significant difficulties in 8 leg walking compared to 6 legs. Or otherwise it will be insectron, which has not nearly as high street credibility as spidertron.

SomeLazyBastard
Inserter
Inserter

(つ ◕_◕ )つ GIVE 0.17

Post by SomeLazyBastard »

( つ ◕_◕ )つ GIVE 0.17

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into the hype thread
*Yawn*
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JimBarracus »

Hannu wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:59 pm
If you make spidertron, please give him 8 legs if there are not any significant difficulties in 8 leg walking compared to 6 legs. Or otherwise it will be insectron, which has not nearly as high street credibility as spidertron.
Spidertron has to have 7 legs just to annoy everyone.

Ren
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ren »

JimBarracus wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:15 pm
Hannu wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:59 pm
...and a pickaxe where the 8th should be

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

JimBarracus wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:15 pm
It is common that real spiders have 7 legs. They often lose legs in fights with predators or prey animals. Fortunately a spider can grow a new leg. After couple of molts the new leg is functional.

Maybe it could be an interesting damage mechanism in the game. Spidertron could lose legs if it takes certain amount of damage which would decrease the speed and mobility and immobilize spidertron when there were less than 2 legs on side. Player could produce new legs and repair the spidertron after fight.

Nefrums
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nefrums »

Wonder if the game can regrow a lost steel axe? :cry:

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

Raveman wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:35 pm

- After your first rocket launch with the satelite, you could have to build a space station. Each subsequent rocket launch could hold modules to build that station. While you're building it bitters could be sending attack waves to disrupt your factory. Those waves would get tougher as you complete more parts of that station.
work was started by devs and abandoned
Raveman wrote:
- Have a campaign setup so that you can hop on your rocket and land on a new world once you launch that rocket. That world would contain new resource types but you could import some ressources from your old base to start you up.
rejected by devs
Raveman wrote:
- Have a key component be held by bitters in a bitter stronghold, forcing us to go out in the world to explore and find that stronghold, then destroy it to grab the loot.
This was done before and removed by dev

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

Lee_newsum wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:45 am
Raveman wrote:

- After your first rocket launch with the satelite, you could have to build a space station. Each subsequent rocket launch could hold modules to build that station. While you're building it bitters could be sending attack waves to disrupt your factory. Those waves would get tougher as you complete more parts of that station.
work was started by devs and abandoned
Raveman wrote:
- Have a campaign setup so that you can hop on your rocket and land on a new world once you launch that rocket. That world would contain new resource types but you could import some ressources from your old base to start you up.
rejected by devs
Raveman wrote:
- Have a key component be held by bitters in a bitter stronghold, forcing us to go out in the world to explore and find that stronghold, then destroy it to grab the loot.
This was done before and removed by dev
All of these are possible via modding. Just throwing that out there.

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

( つ ◕_◕ )つ

SomeLazyBastard
Inserter
Inserter

( つ ◕_◕ )つ

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

will spidertron come with a hooked in roboport to fill the gap between early construction bots and roboports?

because atm early bots require you to constantly take a roboport with you and build it put bots inside get up chest put items inside wait...

bla ty

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

Nefrums wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:14 am
Wonder if the game can regrow a lost steel axe? :cry:
There are no axes in 0.17 - so you will never strand with ultra-slow mining speed while building outposts again.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

I'm not particulary hyped for 0.17 - the current game is already so much fun that I don't need to wait and look forward to things. Only thing I'm mildly hyped for is the fluid system rework. Hopefully, this will lead to the fluid system being less of a CPU hog, which is good for folks using megastructures.

Beyond that, the GUI tweaks are nice and will improve things, but they don't change the core gameplay loop. Functionally, Factorio's done as far as I'm concerned. The core is finished, and it's good.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

Aeternus wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:37 am
I'm not particulary hyped for 0.17 - the current game is already so much fun that I don't need to wait and look forward to things. Only thing I'm mildly hyped for is the fluid system rework. Hopefully, this will lead to the fluid system being less of a CPU hog, which is good for folks using megastructures.

Beyond that, the GUI tweaks are nice and will improve things, but they don't change the core gameplay loop. Functionally, Factorio's done as far as I'm concerned. The core is finished, and it's good.
I have same feelings. From my point of view Factorio is already ready. I have so used to current UI and functions that I expect new to be more annoyance than better, at least at beginning. Surely there are some very practical new things (but I have many of them already from mods). Tutorials, scenarios, polish of language etc. will certainly be good for new players and important from economic point of view but they not give anything for me. Liquid physics will be interesting, but I do not expect it to be more realistic and I have never had real problems with UPS. I am too lazy to build megabases with UPS issues. I prefer mods which make production chains very complicated instead of just scaling simple production to insanity.

I would appreciate spidertron if it was animated somewhat realistically. I love the way real spiders walk. I do not expect it chance the game but I would run through the map and just admire the walking animation.

I am sorry for antihype. :(

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

I'm so hyped for spidertron! Pretty please :D

Though as far as timing from my point of view, the sooner the better. But in reality I know we all want the best most polished game possible. Factorio is and will be a founding father of its genre, and in creating a Classic game, Wube can sure take as long as they want imho :) I've been following for 3 odd years now, it's amazing to think that sooner or later ©™® now the first beta of the final game may be released. All those #FFF later..
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

SomeLazyBastard
Inserter
Inserter

Aeternus wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:37 am
I'm not partic--
( つ ◕_◕ )つ GIVE 0.17

mathguru
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

0.17 build available?

Post by mathguru »

Is there a playtest version of 0.17 yet?

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: 0.17 build available?

Post by Nemoricus »

Not yet. The roadmap post indicates that a release is planned for this month, but there’s no specific date for it.

HalfPastZulu
Inserter
Inserter

Re: 0.17 build available?

Post by HalfPastZulu »

Excuse Me !... But it is January already where is the patch lol....

I am Sooooo hoping it comes out tomorrow.

Return to “General discussion”