One Billion Copper Wires produced.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: One Billion Copper Wires produced.

Post by Cribbit »

Can you even seek out new copper patches fast enough? Even if you had a world that was nothing but copper, so all you had to do was place belts/bots and miners, could you place fast enough?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Nasabot wrote:This is the reason why copper cable need a nerf!

No, seriously:
I'd really like it if the recipe gets changed to:

1 Copper-> 1 copper cable (+ adjusting all other recipes to this)

I dont see how the inflation of copper cables are a good thing. In my opinion the only thing this does is limiting possible belt based solutions for your factory.
The copper cable inflation unnessary reduces the number of designs!
That's part of the puzzle. The devs want some items to be produced in high numbers very fast so you have to figure things (feeding a hugely sped-up assembling machine is a challenge)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Koub wrote:
Nasabot wrote:This is the reason why copper cable need a nerf!

No, seriously:
I'd really like it if the recipe gets changed to:

1 Copper-> 1 copper cable (+ adjusting all other recipes to this)

I dont see how the inflation of copper cables are a good thing. In my opinion the only thing this does is limiting possible belt based solutions for your factory.
The copper cable inflation unnessary reduces the number of designs!
That's part of the puzzle. The devs want some items to be produced in high numbers very fast so you have to figure things (feeding a hugely sped-up assembling machine is a challenge)
It also allows items to use fractions of a copper ore. Copper cable is also a mild example. In Bobs mods you have ball bearings that produce 16 balls. Now that is a factor that screws up your belt design.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Koub wrote:That's part of the puzzle. The devs want some items to be produced in high numbers very fast so you have to figure things (feeding a hugely sped-up assembling machine is a challenge)
I agree with that...
mrvn wrote:It also allows items to use fractions of a copper ore. Copper cable is also a mild example.
Actually I think the devs should have changed all items to the way Ammo/Repair Packs/Science Packs work... being able to use "fractions of items".

That would allow for more interesting recipe ratios.

And also some changes to how Productivity Modules work... instead of creating an additional item every now and then it would just consume the resource items slower.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

MeduSalem wrote:Actually I think the devs should have changed all items to the way Ammo/Repair Packs/Science Packs work... being able to use "fractions of items".

That would allow for more interesting recipe ratios.

And also some changes to how Productivity Modules work... instead of creating an additional item every now and then it would just consume the resource items slower.
+1.

But could you "repair" them then too? :) I guess they already solved this problem for ammo. Or can you repair ammo?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

The was a discussion on this topic a little time ago, after this : https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-160
Discussion here : viewtopic.php?f=38&t=34319
Also isolated topics were created on that topic, but there was less discussion going on than in the FFF topic :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35425

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

mrvn wrote:But could you "repair" them then too? :) I guess they already solved this problem for ammo. Or can you repair ammo?
Would that really be necessary? ^^
Koub wrote:The was a discussion on this topic a little time ago, after this : https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-160
Discussion here : viewtopic.php?f=38&t=34319
Also isolated topics were created on that topic, but there was less discussion going on than in the FFF topic :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35425
Strange.. I read the FFF back then but can't remember it being mentioned there.

DScoffers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DScoffers »

@Dragony - Nice job on hitting 1 billion!

It made me wonder about my production stats.
1.7 billion copper cable produced and consumed.

Mods: Helmod and Score Extended (Not gameplay changing)
Commands used: None
Playtime: 497 Hours (Single Player)
Game type: Default Peaceful (With tweaked resource settings, but nothing too extreme.)

Factorio 2017-10-14 23-53-50-51.jpg
Factorio 2017-10-14 23-53-50-51.jpg (3.33 MiB) Viewed 4924 times
@

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Removed posts saying "why should we care" and subsequent answers as they're irrelevant. If you don't care, don't read the topic.

GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GoldenPorkchop80 »

Koub wrote:[Koub] Removed posts saying "why should we care" and subsequent answers as they're irrelevant. If you don't care, don't read the topic.
Aw man! I liked my response! I was in the philosophical zone when I wrote that... Like, proper Leonardo Da Vinci mode... :cry:

Oh well! If the mods deem it irrelevant, so it shall be!

I won't make a huge fuss though, the mods here are really great! You guys do good work here, and I feel that you guys don't get enough praise because it's almost overlooked. Keep it up! ;)

No, but seriously, if you guys don't bring back my post, I will fucking lose my shit.

In other news....
DScoffers wrote:@Dragony - Nice job on hitting 1 billion!

It made me wonder about my production stats.
1.7 billion copper cable produced and consumed.

Mods: Helmod and Score Extended (Not gameplay changing)
Commands used: None
Playtime: 497 Hours (Single Player)
Game type: Default Peaceful (With tweaked resource settings, but nothing too extreme.)

I just realized that MASSIVE reactor blueprint setup in the background. Exactly how much power are you producing? I would guesstimate using simple math, but can't get an accurate measurement because it looks like the image crops out the rest of the setup. Just curious.
Contact me:
telnet.Telehack.com (My username is gpc80)
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)
Hamachi VPN: Please send me a PM for network info.
Forums: Send me a PM

DScoffers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DScoffers »

What you can see in the image is just a small part of a 20GW nuclear setup.
It's not my design, but it's come in very handy. Thanks goes out to "nthexwn" for his design in the post below, which has all the info:
viewtopic.php?f=208&t=50293

I currently have 6 of these built to produce 120GW.

GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GoldenPorkchop80 »

DScoffers wrote:What you can see in the image is just a small part of a 20GW nuclear setup.
It's not my design, but it's come in very handy. Thanks goes out to "nthexwn" for his design in the post below, which has all the info:
viewtopic.php?f=208&t=50293

I currently have 6 of these built to produce 120GW.
120GW

120GW

120GW

120GW

120GW

120GW

Exactly how many RPM are you getting?

My biggest factory only used 1GW, and that was mainly because of laser turrets. I do use accumulators, but I try to match up my power production with my laser turret consumption, because it streamlines everything, and it's redundancy.
Contact me:
telnet.Telehack.com (My username is gpc80)
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)
Hamachi VPN: Please send me a PM for network info.
Forums: Send me a PM

DScoffers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DScoffers »

I play on peaceful mode, so I don't use any turrets.

RPM: Not sure yet if I'll hit my target so don't want to jump the gun. When rockets are launching the FPS/UPS drops waaay too low to do anything, so rocket launches are now disabled after launching 4,500.
I've built the base from the start to aim for a very high RPM, but power has been the issue. I should have it finished within a week, and then I'll do a post about it.
Everything has Prod3 modules and Speed3 beacons which sap power.

evopwr
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evopwr »

Totally loving both posters screenshots, and would really love more screenshots of the actual base designs.
Ive never come close to anything like this size - I always end up getting bored, and starting again. lol.
Truly amazing.

DScoffers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DScoffers »

I'll not hijack this thread any more than I already have, but Dragony, I'd love to see some of your designs too.

Trudel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Trudel »

DScoffers wrote:I'll not hijack this thread any more than I already have, but Dragony, I'd love to see some of your designs too.
Maybe you'd like to share them in a thread of your own?

Remember, sharing is caring. ;-)
My wife says I only have to faults: I don't listen and something else.

Return to “General discussion”