When we will get steam trading card ?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

When we will get steam trading card ?

Post by Hellatze »

Can we have it later on ?

nog
Inserter
Inserter

Re: When we will get steam trading card ?

Post by nog »

I hope that won't never happen.

Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Daid »

I would say never, as the devs are pretty much focused on things that are not steam only.

Personally, I never understood the steam trading cards, you just get a random X of them for playing a game for X time. Unlike achievements, for which you need to "work", and require some sense of accomplishment, the cards you can get by just keeping a game open and running.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

Only if you get one per 200 hours. :lol:

Just kidding. I hope they never do that.

Patashu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Patashu »

Daid wrote:I would say never, as the devs are pretty much focused on things that are not steam only.

Personally, I never understood the steam trading cards, you just get a random X of them for playing a game for X time. Unlike achievements, for which you need to "work", and require some sense of accomplishment, the cards you can get by just keeping a game open and running.
I think trading cards exist supposedly as a fun extra, but really as a way for Steam and others to speculate and skim money. Read this thread a while back that goes into some aspects of it:

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/statu ... 3524989953

SWSe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SWSe »

Even though it'd be Steam exclusive, I doubt many non-Steam players would mind. You only get some artwork which exists outside of Steam too. Many Steam users don't seem to care either anyway.
However, the badges and bonuses have to be prepared and the Art department is already working hard on stuff for the actual game, so this is surely a VERY low priority.

@Daid You never get more than half a set, so trading cards have to be traded (or sold/bought). That's how a certain accomplishment can be seen in it. Idling for 2000 h doesn't get you any more cards.
Although the badges and items rewarded for a full set are superficial, some think it's a fun little addition.

@Patashu Asset flips and "fake games" allow for cheap trading cards, some people may speculate (but can that really be much profit there?) or they just somehow seem to want a lot of these superficial items and spend actual money on it.
I don't see a scam, it is however considered one of the reasons there are that many trashy "fake games" on Steam, among others.
The Devs and Valve get 15 % each of every card-related transaction, so that's a nice extra earning, particularly for Valve.

This doesn't mean they aren't that "fun extra" anyways. They are, particularly, if they belong to an actually good game. I like to get a full set for games that I like, personally.

Sigma1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sigma1 »

I would like them just because they unlock emoticons I can spam to a friend
she/they

fechnert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by fechnert »

Sigma1 wrote:I would like them just because they unlock emoticons I can spam to a friend
Thought exactly the same. Or some cool Factorio profile backgrounds
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198066150999.']Image[/url]

Return to “General discussion”