how to move GUI

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

how to move GUI

Post by Hellatze »

i use black market mod, but i cant move the GUI, and i know how to reduce the UI size but its hopeless.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: how to move GUI

Post by Mooncat »

GUI from mods cannot be moved. So, yea, it is hopeless right now.
But let's hope for the API for draggable window when the devs are improving the GUI system for 0.16.

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

On moving GUI things... It would be nice if GUI move was generalized so any click and hold on a non-control (empty frame) could grab the frame to move it instead of having to move it from the top region (although I guess all borders work; but I found it easy to add just 'clicked on blank frame' in my own code instead of just borders).
Last edited by d3x0r on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

Mooncat wrote:GUI from mods cannot be moved. So, yea, it is hopeless right now.
But let's hope for the API for draggable window when the devs are improving the GUI system for 0.16.
i need that feature.

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

d3x0r wrote:On moving GUI things... It would be nice if GUI move was generalized so any click and hold on a non-control (empty frame) could grab the frame to move it instead of having to move it from the top region (although I guess all borders work; but I found it easy to add just 'clicked on blank frame' in my own code instead of just borders).
Meh. Borders are for resizing windows. I kinda like most of the GUI widgets used by KSP mods do it: explicitly enable moving/resizing the GUI widgets. But I'm good either way.

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

featherwinglove wrote:
d3x0r wrote:On moving GUI things... It would be nice if GUI move was generalized so any click and hold on a non-control (empty frame) could grab the frame to move it instead of having to move it from the top region (although I guess all borders work; but I found it easy to add just 'clicked on blank frame' in my own code instead of just borders).
Meh. Borders are for resizing windows. I kinda like most of the GUI widgets used by KSP mods do it: explicitly enable moving/resizing the GUI widgets. But I'm good either way.
Not in factorio :) Or other fixed size form dialogs can be moved by grabbing any edge; probably as a byproduct of resizing and then adjusting the other side to maintain the same size.
Most(all?) non-mod dialogs in factorio have a border that you can grab in addition to the title region.
I'm merely suggesting if click-hold is done on a frame background; areas that do not have a control over it, that it does the same thing.

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

I'm saying how it should be, not how it is.

EmilRins
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by EmilRins »

Hey i found a other way go to the options interface and change the ui scale then you can see the guis

Return to “General discussion”