Production and military science pack

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Fluch
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Production and military science pack

Post by Fluch »

I did not play for a long time and when I entered the game I was frightened by the number of packages. Of course at first it was difficult and when I created my production I was delighted. Military packages are very grieved, complicating the game. But the most sad was in front, breaking the house of the enemies did not fall. I wanted to study assembling machine 3 with the production science pack and it turned out that you do not need to kill the enemies. In my opinion, this greatly spoiled the mechanics. That is, according to the idea you just need to sit on the base and do all that you need without risking anything. The recipe of the package frightened me and my friends, the interest disappeared, and we did not play anymore. It also seems that the number of required packages for research is taken at random. The point is to spend a lot of resources on military packages if there is no point in killing enemies?

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Production and military science pack

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

If you play with default settings the biters will come to you. Researching better defenses would be valuable.

Fluch
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fluch »

I mean that after so many years to change the alien package, the usual package, which is done, like all the usual packages will not make the game more interesting. Now there are many kinds of science packs, why change this one? What interest is now from killing enemies?

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Using default resource settings you have to destroy biters and build defenses in order to secure the resources (especially iron) required to progress.

Mr. Mechanic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mr. Mechanic »

Biters occupy land and resources, and they react to pollution, so there are still a few reasons to kill them. Purple science can't be automated, and it penalizes people that play without biters, so I think it's been a good decision to replace it with more specific and complex science packs.

Initially I felt that killing biters/spawners wasn't as rewarding anymore, but now I just focus more on the factory-building aspects of the game. I go out and kill some nests whenever I need more resources or when the pollution cloud is getting too close, or when I want a break from factory-building.

Return to “General discussion”