Is there any way to change the game speed?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
kopema
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Is there any way to change the game speed?

Post by kopema »

I'm not crazy about the frenetic pace of this game. This would go from a good game to a great game if I could just lower the speed a bit. Is there any way to do that in the settings, or by modding?

tompinn23
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Is there any way to change the game speed?

Post by tompinn23 »

Don't think so you would probably need to edit the factorio.exe to but you could ask for it to be implemented. ;) :lol: :P

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

I want to say it goes off your fps, if so i'm sure there are programs that would allow you to limit the fps until the game itself allows for a change of pace.
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

Candunc
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Candunc »

Well, the FPS seems to run at the same rate as your monitor. If you monitor is 60 Hz, you game runs at 60 FPS. If your monitor supports 120 Hz, the game runs at 120 FPS. There is no way to really change the FPS without manually touching your computer's video settings.

Thibaulthc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Thibaulthc »

I'd like to slow down the speed too. I read some posts about programs limitating the fps.
Somebody told he did it with MSI AFTERBURN it's a free software.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

We are aware that this is annoying. Basically the problem is that internally the game update is connected to the redrawing mechanism. This one is then connceted to the monitor vsync. So if your monitor has 120HZ refreshing frequency and your computer is fast enough you get 120FPS :(

This is not a feature :) and we will hopefully fix this soon. Splitting the game update and rendering will have another positive effects. Namely that when things slow down we might be able to continue with 60 updates per second with only 30FPS rendering rate.

kopema
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kopema »

I found a setting in my Nvidia Control Panel to reduce FPS to 1/2 of refresh rate. Much better now!

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Good.

In the meantime I have fixed the code logic on our side. So from the next release on the game update speed should be 60 independent of the FPS. This will solve the problem with too high FPS. On the other hand this will also help when the game starts to slow down and the FPS drops. As long as it doesn't drop too much (let's say below 20FPS) then there will still be 60 updates per second.

bosky2102
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bosky2102 »

Haha thats good I was wondering why i was going so slow when I started recording with fraps

Return to “General discussion”