Pollution problems.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
uliks
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Pollution problems.

Post by uliks »

I think it would be nice to find the ways to control pollution in the game same like in real life.
So what ways did people invent to stop pollution spreading?

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Pollution problems.

Post by Frightning »

Either using Efficiency modules to minimize energy draw and hence by extension pollution generated, or just clearing out all biter nests within my pollution cloud and maintaining that perimeter with periodic biter nest sweeps.

uliks
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by uliks »

I was aiming we could make something new.
Example :Today people use expensive filters that collect toxic waste in to barrels and then they transport them somewhere else like in undergrounds or drop them in to sea.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Adding filters to buildings might be tricky. A simple way would be to create a new set of buildings with filter and a complete new set of recipies identical to the old ones with an extra output of filtered dirt. Or clean filter -> dirty filter, although adding 2 inserters to every assembler would be painfull. They should also probably be more like nuclear fuel. One filter lasts a while.

Maybe combine with with mega assemblers that are slightly larger (4x4 or 5x5?) and run multiples of each recipie. E.g. instead of producing one transport belt it produces 5 in parallel.

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

Trees capture CO2 in real life. Some people have made mods that allow growing trees. Some of these could reduce polution.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

There are mods for this, i have seen some air scrubber mod and also bobmods has modules that reduce pollution and energy consumption.

Moving from steam energy into solar or nuclear also helps a lot, also using vanilla efficiency modules reduces pollution since pollution is calculated directly from energy consumption afaik.

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HurkWurk »

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/TheSAguy/Bio_Industries

a mod specifically for extending the game with 3 levels of pollution control.
1. replanting trees.
2. basic air scrubbing.
3. advanced air scrubbing.

Return to “General discussion”