[Feature Request] Ghost place things easily

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
elfstone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Feature Request] Ghost place things easily

Post by elfstone »

Hi there,
I hope this is the right place to put feature requests. There is one thing that has been bothering me a long time: You can only ghost-place things, when you actually have them. With robots it is often very convenient to place things, that are only available in the logicstic networks.
I read in one of your blogposts, that you are planning to revamp the tool-bar, and i think that might help a bit. Another idea I just had: What if you can use the pipette tool (where you pick up an item you point at by pressing q) even when you dont have the thing in your inventory?
Pressing Q while you point at something you dont have currently gives an error-sound, but it would be nice to give you a cursor that only allows you to ghost-Plant with Shift.

I think that would improve the UX (at least for my workflow ^^)

What do others think about this?

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Feature Request] Ghost place things easily

Post by quinor »

Well... Just read https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-191 - planned for .16 :)

elfstone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by elfstone »

That is the Blog post I mentioned. However, when I want to build an inserter, I do not want to add an inserter to my tool-box first, and then ghost-build the inserter (that is the solution mentioned in the blog post). It would be easier to point to an existing inserter and press q to be allowed to ghost-place the inserter.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

elfstone wrote:That is the Blog post I mentioned. However, when I want to build an inserter, I do not want to add an inserter to my tool-box first, and then ghost-build the inserter (that is the solution mentioned in the blog post). It would be easier to point to an existing inserter and press q to be allowed to ghost-place the inserter.
Allready suggested in the followup discussio to the FFF.

Return to “General discussion”