questions about purchasing the game on steam

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
OmegaHunter8
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

questions about purchasing the game on steam

Post by OmegaHunter8 »

I searched on google and this forum for 1 hour and didnt't find any clear answers to the questions I have.

If I buy the game on steam (since I don't have a credit card, paypal, bitcoins, or amazon pay), will I be able to download a version of the game (from the official website), which works separately from steam? (being able to play without steam client)
And will I get a membership as if i bought the game directly from the factorio website?
To make it short: Will everything be as if I bought the game directly on the official website, with no drawbacks at all?

I would be really grateful for a quick answer.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: questions about purchasing the game on steam

Post by Loewchen »

OmegaHunter8 wrote:If I buy the game on steam (since I don't have a credit card, paypal, bitcoins, or amazon pay), will I be able to download a version of the game (from the official website), which works separately from steam? (being able to play without steam client)
Yes, see here.
OmegaHunter8 wrote:And will I get a membership as if i bought the game directly from the factorio website?
Not sure what you consider a membership.
OmegaHunter8 wrote:To make it short: Will everything be as if I bought the game directly on the official website, with no drawbacks at all?
Valve will take a share of the price so the devs will get less I think.

OmegaHunter8
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by OmegaHunter8 »

thanks alot. :D

purdueme91
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by purdueme91 »

I bought it on Steam and started having issues with it launching with Steam client with 0.15. So I went standalone. You just need to link your SteamId with your forum id here and you can download a copy directly.

If you buy it direct, dev's get more money but I'm not sure how you get it into Steam if you want to.

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

OmegaHunter8 wrote:I searched on google and this forum for 1 hour and didnt't find any clear answers to the questions I have.
There's your problem. Click here to solve. Both Valve (maker of Steam) and Google have had their shady business practices in the news recently. Neither deserve your money. Wube does. That's a Fact
orio

Return to “General discussion”