new feature vs new design ?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

new feature vs new design ?

Post by Hellatze »

i wish i got new feature in future updates, like going to space, or new machine. design can come later.

mergele
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: new feature vs new design ?

Post by mergele »

I don't understand what you mean when you say "design"?

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

mergele wrote:I don't understand what you mean when you say "design"?
look at new power line 3D graphic. they gonna replace it with better models.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

The devs don't plan to add any major new features to the game anymore before 1.0 (that said maybe there will be a few minor features they have been working on in the background for a while already) ... They already wrote it various times all over the place (Friday Facts as well as the Forums). Currently they are in the phase of polishing up the game to get it ready for 1.0 release, after which the Early Access/Alpha will be officially over.

Also they were planning to add High Resolution graphics for a long time already... with the problem that a lot of the older models are in the need of a make over to make HD sprites possible.

Major new features may come with later DLCs/Expansions though.

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Hellatze wrote:i wish i got new feature in future updates, like going to space, or new machine. design can come later.
You have a delusion. Based on being a little clueless about how software development works. The delusion that a graphics person is also the best programmer on the team.

In general different people on team do different things. While not totally separate - replacing design does not really take all the time of the programming side. You do not take the graphics artist and end up with another top notch programmer just by telling him to do it.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

TheTom wrote:
Hellatze wrote:i wish i got new feature in future updates, like going to space, or new machine. design can come later.
You have a delusion. Based on being a little clueless about how software development works. The delusion that a graphics person is also the best programmer on the team.

In general different people on team do different things. While not totally separate - replacing design does not really take all the time of the programming side. You do not take the graphics artist and end up with another top notch programmer just by telling him to do it.
no need to be triggered dummy. calling me delusion didnt solve anything.

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HurkWurk »

his point, however rudely put, is accurate though. new Art is not preventing new content. one is not the bottleneck for the other.
the game is as it is until 1.0. expect cleanup and minor changes until then.

if you want new content, look at some of the total rewrite mods.

Zool
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zool »

HurkWurk wrote:his point, however rudely put, is accurate though. new Art is not preventing new content. one is not the bottleneck for the other.
the game is as it is until 1.0. expect cleanup and minor changes until then.

if you want new content, look at some of the total rewrite mods.
+1
Factorio is already an amazingly brilliant game just as it is, feature wise. Expecting the devs to keep adding even more additional features for free is a bit - egoistic imho. I'm looking forward to the day they announce an addon and/or their new project and will gladly buy it, simply as this is the best early-access game I've ever seen (and one of the very rare exceptions, where these games REALLY get developped to a polished, well working point)

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Factorio 1.0 was supposed to be released in the summer of.... 2014 I think?
Anyway, I just want to say the schedule has already been delayed very seriously.

And one can lose motivation easily if he works on the same project for too long. So, if you hate the devs, please keep proposing more features so we may never see the release date of 1.0. Otherwise, you should feel relieved when you see something like "we decided to drop this idea", because that means 1.0 is now closer to us. :)
In fact, I'm even against the idea of artillery train, if it does not improve moddability. See here for details.

The only 4 features that I would like the devs to implement/finish are:
1. UI/UX improvement
2. Campaigns
3. Better ending after rocket launched
4. After all these are done, improve moddability so we modders can extend the game. (Implement the sea of interface requests bit by bit)

gordon090
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gordon090 »

Just keep trying. You will make it.

Return to “General discussion”