how often you play peacefull ?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

how often you play peacefull ?

Post by Hellatze »

i feel bored with the enemy, they are annoying more than challaging. so i decide played peacefull.

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: how often you play peacefull ?

Post by bigyihsuan »

All the time. Killing biters isn't really my thing. I just like building factories.

Ackos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ackos »

Never have.

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

depend on the game i wanted to play.. this is why i so love the peace mode option.. you feel for a calm game, go peace mode, you want challenge, go hard mode (no peace) 8-)
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

pipvac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pipvac »

aRatNamedSammy wrote:depend on the game i wanted to play.. this is why i so love the peace mode option.. you feel for a calm game, go peace mode, you want challenge, go hard mode (no peace) 8-)
This.

I play how I feel. The games works for me on many levels. Sometimes I like to focus on the build and not worry about the biters, other times, I wanna demonstrate my superiority over pixelated creatures (occasionally failing).
Oh so that's how blueprints work! OMG!

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HurkWurk »

played a game that way once. didnt find it mattered much.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

My first game I was so annoyed by biters, I quit it and played on peaceful. The first mod I installed was to get alien science from regular science packs.

I never beat that game, either, because I realized I wanted biters, just not quite so aggressive ones. I played a new game with the biters turned down so I had to pay attention to them, but not spend over half the game fighting them back.

And that' basically the way I play to this day.

Ackos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ackos »

Never have, never will.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

I never played peaceful as it would make a lot of techs pointless, but I typically play on Railworld type settings where biter expansion is disabled.

I also tend to give myself a bigger starting area and increased richness because I like to "build it right" from the start and find that it is stupid to be forced to build disposable things in order to adapt to insufficient resources.

Basically, if I want conflict or struggle I play other games, Factorio does conflict and struggle very badly... so I can't motivate myself to do them in Factorio.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

My first game was peaceful and I regretted if at late game. After that I have sometimes turned biter peaceful by commands during most tedious works when I have built large area railworlds. But I want that at stable situation there is resource sink to defense too and do not want to play continuously without biters. They make also early midgame more interesting. But I do not want to travel 10 km during intensive building to fight or repair damages and then back.

Rakshasa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rakshasa »

I always play peaceful, not even a single biter is left inside my territory when I'm done.

Return to “General discussion”