Accidentally crafted stacks of burner inserters...

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Accidentally crafted stacks of burner inserters...

Post by featherwinglove »

Because burner inserters have the same ingredients as conveyor belts and adjacent icons on the recipe page, every now and then... I'm also interested in tales of other silly things, such as putting basic components from Bob's Electronics on a belt bus, which is pretty much guaranteed to be the bottleneck in any semi-serious Bob's Electronics build. One thing that can get out of control fast is chuting electric mining drills on stone patches directly into an assembly machine making stone furnaces, then removing them to a chest which rapidly becomes full of stone furnaces. Even most go-big-or-go-home players rarely use more than two stacks of stone furnaces before steel furnaces become available.

HammerPiano
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Accidentally crafted stacks of burner inserters...

Post by HammerPiano »

So i had that one time i forgot to limit the chemical furnaces 2 making in my bob's save, turns out I made 451 chemical furnaces....
Oops :D

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

I've got you beat with not limiting nuclear reactor production. Only found out after all stone-based production ceased because the stone mines exhausted themselves - too much concrete was produced. And the chest wasn't even full yet...
At least I won't need to worry about power production any time soon :mrgreen:

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

It was taking a lot of time for the logistics bots to bring inserters and belts from the south end of the main bus where they were made to the north where I brought my builder train. So I decided to use active providers where they were built and storage chests near the north station. I made sure to cap the active providers so I did not make too much.

My Iron outpost was not able to keep up with the plate required so I added another one to the train.

I later found that I had 9k each inserters and yellow belts in the logistic network, also a whole bunch of electronic circuits. I had so many belts and inserters that I removed the assemblers from the green science build and just used the requester chests I had researched.

Killcreek2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killcreek2 »

Setting up an auto-shop in a previous v0.14 world, had just ONE output inserter set incorrectly.
This resulted in a runaway production of undergroundie pipes: two and a half storage chests later, I finally noticed & fixed it. 6000+ UG pipes... Le sigh.
200+ hours later: still have 4000+ of them in stock. :lol:
"Functional simplicity, structural complexity." ~ Appleseed

mergele
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mergele »

I automated light armor, just for shits and giggles. Everything was fine until I had to relocate it and forgot to limit the chest..

Selvek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Selvek »

HammerPiano wrote:So i had that one time i forgot to limit the chemical furnaces 2 making in my bob's save, turns out I made 451 chemical furnaces....
Oops :D
Did the exact same thing... and I'm like, where on earth are all my circuits going? And then I was sad :(

nljr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nljr »

I create the wrong thing quite often. In fact, I want a way to lock some recipes. Prompt me before allowing me to build a locked recipe.

Once I've electrified, I don't need either burner recipe. Once I have power armor, I don't need heavy armor. Once I have armor-piercing rounds, I don't need the basic rounds (except as an intermediate product.) Once I have steel furnaces, I never want to make another stone furnace.

AcolyteOfRocket
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AcolyteOfRocket »

I normally limit substations to one or two stacks of 50 when producing them.

But there was this one time when I didn't... :roll:

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

Wow, I'm not as old hat at this game as I thought. I haven't yet matched the hilarity of any of these replies (e.g. I eventually ran out that half chest of flying robot frames from one of my early 0.12 never-underestimate-the-power-of-automation moments.) I'd say the prize (so far) goes to Aeternus. To try to get myself to stop laughing, I imagined how the world would be today if the Soviet Union made the mistake of building way too many nuclear reactors. It didn't work. In more recent times, I have a crate in the Muddy Mountains game with 812 magazines. That might be enough to last two skirmishes.

Eventually, someone's probably going to come on with a tale of how they filled an 800-slot warehouse with rocket silos.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

In my current deathworld game I setup 3 assemblers making electric furnaces for production science. I had inexplicable steel shortages for a while so I increased the size of the steel production and everything was cool. Later found like 5000 electric furnaces - that was when I realized I'd forgotten to limit the chests. On the bright side I eventually used them all making production science, tho even on Deathworld like 14000 production science is quite a lot and there would have been better uses at the time for all that steel - like making thousands of laser turrets instead.

purdueme91
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by purdueme91 »

I had a reply for this thread earlier in my latest Bob's mod game. Upgrading to mk2 robots and ended up with a chest of them. But got those into the network when I upgraded to mk3. Wasn't going to post but then last night got my rocket going and everything going great and then the rocket control modules stop. Go around the factory for a bit upgrading output here and there but still no modules. Found a provider chest with 6000 multi-layer circuit boards that was sucking up all multi-layer boards (and thus the gold, transistors, plastics, CPU's) in the factory. I know I put that chest there to support something but damn if I remember what :roll:

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by quinor »

Just found a box with 2k chain signals. Noting more to say... :D

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HurkWurk »

i use mods for stack sizes and storage warehouses, etc.

anyone need 400,000 oil pumps?

t-lor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by t-lor »

Not completely my fault. They changed the science at one point.
I adjusted the imput chests, build the factories to make the new things. and chanced some other things whike i was at it
THen a few hours late bots complained they had no storage space, so i plopped a dozen yellow chests and thought nothing of it,
a couple later of hours they were also ful :?

Turns out, i had a signal set up to stop making pumpjacks, as soon as the blue chest that was supplying it to the labs had over 200 pumpjacks or something.
But since it no longer requested pumpjacks, that never happend.

Any rich oil-sultan need 30 chests ful of pumpjacks?

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Heh. I've long since made inserters upgraded from burner inserters, but the rest, well...

I suppose this is the real reason that people want recycling.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “General discussion”