New Game Mode Idea

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: New Game Mode Idea

Post by Hannu »

Koub wrote:
Hannu wrote:Why do you need special game mode for that?
How do you reset if you see something to fox and want to restart after a small change ?
I do not see why resetting is so important. In any case it takes an hour or couple before a large factory develops steady production state after transition. But probably it is possible to clear all items in certain area with a command. At least all enemies or entities can be cleared.

But maybe it could give better starting point to competition or other comparison when factory begins from empty state. I do not resist new mode even I probably would never use it. I just thought that would it be possible to get something with self imposed rules. It is more flexible and fast way to test ideas than wait mods or changes in base game.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Example : you build during one hour, you kick the "start making things" button, and ... you realize you accidentally connected your sulfuric acid and water networks. Have fun redoing everything ! :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Koub wrote:Example : you build during one hour, you kick the "start making things" button, and ... you realize you accidentally connected your sulfuric acid and water networks. Have fun redoing everything ! :)
It's reset of items and liquids, not entities.

It looks like Space Chem, all production was programmed before.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

Koub wrote:Example : you build during one hour, you kick the "start making things" button, and ... you realize you accidentally connected your sulfuric acid and water networks. Have fun redoing everything ! :)
It is part of the game. It happens also if you make a new production area and connect fluids when everything is ready. If you try to avoid it by connecting fluids early it needs one mistake in building to make a mess. But typically it needs couple of minutes to take away contaminated tubes and build news by bots. I hope that devs will give some easy ways to clean contaminated tube networks when they make final polishing for the game. Current rebuilding does not give any interesting element into the game. It is just lazy programming which leads to annoying situations.

unknowntrojan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by unknowntrojan »

bobucles Idea is great!

Even tho i lost all hope, maybe we can expand the idea anyway!
Steam Turbines do not consume Steam as of 0.16.12. You can connect them infinitely for infinite power.

Return to “General discussion”