any end game feature suggestion ?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

any end game feature suggestion ?

Post by Hellatze »

infinite research are done, now we need something more powerfull.

t-lor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: any end game feature suggestion ?

Post by t-lor »

infinite research are done

you do see the problem with that statement ? :)

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

The map is infinite too as are resources. Except water can be starting position only.

Only way to go is UP.

UP, UP and away.

Not quite away, just to space. Building a space station should be next. Game engine wise you would bring up a starter station that creates a NxN or radius N region of "land" in an "ocean" of space. And then some new form of "landfill" made out of iron plates and/or steel to make the usable space bigger. And then you can have zero-gravity assembler that can produce new stuff.

Alternatively fly to the asteroid belt. So still a big see of space but lots of islands.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

infinite Research is done, meaning the developers implemented infintie Research, not that they finsihed Infintie research. Admittedly, you could totally reach the limit on infinite research because of integer overflows...

I want orbital Infrastructure. Not sure what for yet....
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Ranakastrasz wrote:infinite Research is done, meaning the developers implemented infintie Research, not that they finsihed Infintie research. Admittedly, you could totally reach the limit on infinite research because of integer overflows...

Can you? As in can you before the sun burns out? Is it a 32bit integer or 64bit integer?

Even with 32bit signed integers you have to produce 1 science pack every second for 68 years to reach the limit. And that is if you can maintain 60 UPS for that. At some point making more (or just maintaining the speed) science packs per second will have a negative effect since the UPS will go down even more. So I believe there is a maximum research speed even if you use a blueprint printer mod to automate expansion (mine building).

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=49401

Heh, not really. Still techically possible. Like how you could technicly win the lottery or technically build a skyscraper yourself. Possible but difficult and unlikely.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

mrvn wrote:
Ranakastrasz wrote:infinite Research is done, meaning the developers implemented infintie Research, not that they finsihed Infintie research. Admittedly, you could totally reach the limit on infinite research because of integer overflows...

Can you? As in can you before the sun burns out? Is it a 32bit integer or 64bit integer?

Even with 32bit signed integers you have to produce 1 science pack every second for 68 years to reach the limit. And that is if you can maintain 60 UPS for that. At some point making more (or just maintaining the speed) science packs per second will have a negative effect since the UPS will go down even more. So I believe there is a maximum research speed even if you use a blueprint printer mod to automate expansion (mine building).
So you answered our own question, unless you are wondering if the sun will burn out in a handful of years.... And 1 science pack per second is really slow.

Orbital infrastructure would be awesome. The difference to being on the surface would be space is limited by the amount of rockets you send up from the surface, but access to ores from asteroid mining gives you almost unlimited access to as much ores as you need?

RoddyVR
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RoddyVR »

building in space was and remains a good idea, but in itself it'll only push off the need for an endgame. its not an endgame in itself.

Even if EVERYTHING you use in space has to be sent up in rocktes (including ores, cause there are very few asteroids close by the majority of planets, so forget mining in space), it would still just be another form of measuring how much your land base can mine and process, just like infi research.
Its a resourse sink and maybe an slightly more entertaining one then research, but it doesnt provide a GOAL as such, so not realy and ENDgame.

Factorie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorie »

Space Definitely!

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

Ranakastrasz wrote:viewtopic.php?f=58&t=49401

Heh, not really. Still techically possible. Like how you could technicly win the lottery or technically build a skyscraper yourself. Possible but difficult and unlikely.
What is the actual problem? In my opinion it would be very futile work if devs tried to prevent every technically possible but practically insane way to break the game. I would much more like to get quality of life enhancements and polishing (now when they have told that most content is already done).

I think that there are quite massive majority of players which do not want to have any more complexity and devs agree that. I think that there is not much room to new things. It would be possible to make "space station", but would it be practically the same things with different graphics and maybe names of entities if significant increase of difficulty and complexity would not be allowed.

FasterJump
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FasterJump »

Well I could post a link to my suggestion.

The idea is to do space missions. Depending on game design, a future factorio expansion could feature a space goal (like building a space platform / space ship, exploring the space...).Each time you fullfill a mission, you get a special and powerful artifact (with random properties) that you can put in your base to empower it. Think of it as the jewels in path of exile: you always aim for the bests ones possible.

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

Two mods to make one game. One mod for Factorio that is friendly with another mod for Kerbal Space Program. The resulting monstrosity should make James Webb's toes curl. (Why in the fsck did they name a telescope after him??? He's many things, but not an astronomer, at least he wasn't one while he flew NASA to the moon and back.)

Return to “General discussion”