what machine you want to see in next update ?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: what machine you want to see in next update ?

Post by Hellatze »

bobucles wrote:It would be nice to have some kind of high tech renewable resources. Post rocket of course.
i just want to go to space.

it a year after it come out from steam.

i believe this game took long time to get to this state :(

Factorie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorie »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Airplanes. The campaign has it, but it doesn't do anything, xd.
I like the sound of that :p

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Artillery. Like real artillery, very long range, not precise, unable to do anything short range, but able to wreck havoc with good splash damage when touching ground close to a target.
I think it would pair well with gun turrets, when you don't want to have laser defenses, and making a huge perimeter of pipes for flame turrets doesn't make you burst with enthousiasm.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Koub wrote:Artillery. Like real artillery, very long range, not precise, unable to do anything short range, but able to wreck havoc with good splash damage when touching ground close to a target.
I think it would pair well with gun turrets, when you don't want to have laser defenses, and making a huge perimeter of pipes for flame turrets doesn't make you burst with enthousiasm.
Autofire, or target painting required?

----
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

RoddyVR
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RoddyVR »

I think the next step has to be automated bitter extermanation.

It can be really simple to start with, even something like making so that cars/tanks can have a vector set (preferably via circut network) and they do their best to follow that direction and shoot all enemies (and trees optionaly )they get in range of.

personaly i think doing it via modular slots like power armor makes the most sense.
stick an AI chip into a car and you can program its direction/speed.
stick a turret module into a car, and it'll shoot available amo at anything that moves.
stick a radar module into a car and it'll expand the explored borders for ya, where ever it goes.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

An automatic rail layer would be neat. In your main base, you've got construction bots to build stuff for you, but the rail grid leading to various mining outposts aren't automatically (re)constructed yet. It'd be neat to be able to ghost place those and have an automatic rail layer handle the rest. I know there's mods for it, but something akin to that could be useful in vanilla (especially railworld and marathon games)

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Autofire, or target painting required?
Preferably both options. Artillery could be used as an automatic defense with turrets. Then it would shoot spawners only and keep safe distance (I suggest 100-200 units (maybe there could be tiers of cannons or ammo)) clear of enemy bases. It could also be used in offensive operations in which player would mark the targets (for example spawners or worms, maybe also large biter swarms).

vincenteam
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vincenteam »

A nuke launcher
So we can fire everywhere whitout moving :)

Simanova
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Simanova »

automatic turrets for trains - bullet, laser(batterywaggon), flame and nuclear

perhaps nuclear should not be automatic

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Aeternus wrote:An automatic rail layer would be neat. In your main base, you've got construction bots to build stuff for you, but the rail grid leading to various mining outposts aren't automatically (re)constructed yet. It'd be neat to be able to ghost place those and have an automatic rail layer handle the rest. I know there's mods for it, but something akin to that could be useful in vanilla (especially railworld and marathon games)
It could be cool to have a construction train car containing a roboport and passive provider space. It should also be possible to set the engine a destination so it goes where needed. So when you ghost place some rails or rails get damaged the train leaves it's home station, drives near the ghosted section and the construction robots swarm out and lay new track.

Return to “General discussion”