what machine you want to see in next update ?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

what machine you want to see in next update ?

Post by Hellatze »

well, i want a bigger beacon, geothermal generator, or spaceship.

netmand
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: what machine you want to see in next update ?

Post by netmand »

locomotives with automatic gun turrets

sathill
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sathill »

vehicle with upgrades (modules).
Something like power armor mk2 but vehicle. Vehicle roboports, vehicle shields, vehicle radar ;x
But it need to fly since fighting its done after atomic bomb.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

vehicles ?

i expecting productivity machine...

spexidor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by spexidor »

*An assembly machine whose production can be controlled by circuits.
*A "Blueprint placer" that you can load a blueprint into, and if that blueprint contains a single "blueprint placer" building, the blueprint will be placed on the map with the "placer" as a reference point.
*A "Blueprint factory" which makes a blueprint of the area surrounding it when given some form of input.

stenole
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by stenole »

Automated tanks!

I'd like persistent autonomous programmable combat vehicles which can follow basic commands like the trains do. Perhaps it could be done by placing a special part into a car or tank which can thereafter be programmed and be let loose to expand your borders. Bad programming leads to it bumbling its way through your factory, causing mayhem and destruction. It could be used as an alternative to making a huge wall around your base with turrets all over. A group of tanks could instead patrol the perimeter. It would be awesome for everyone who hates going out on the map clearing biters themselves. Also, imagine driving along your automated tanks in your own tank, making sure they do what they are supposed to.

You could also have cars supplying outposts without needing to use train tracks. Perhaps they could be equipped to carry bots, harvest trees, place blueprints etc.

Mass producing tanks and cars would then be a viable enterprise. It might also encourage the use of basic ammo because investing depleted uranium on an iffy robot tank might not be the best use of resources.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Airplanes. The campaign has it, but it doesn't do anything, xd.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Escadin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Escadin »

I remember a mod from over a year ago. It added a rocket battery structure which can be loaded from chests. It would then load the individual rocket's payloads with requested items and launch them in an high arc across the map towards your target location. Essentially, emergency supply drop pods. The aesthetics where just awesome because those pods scattered all over the place and you had to run around and loot them (personal robots may help). PLus, a barrage of chemtrailing missiles is just a badass way to transport items. I've since lost track of that mod but I think it was never finished and publicy released, let alone updated.

I wish they would add a system like that to the game. Just imagine those pods act as active supplyer chests. So, when building a wall far outside your base you can just request all the necessary items on the spot, place your blueprint, set up the initial roboport and everything works fully automated form there. No overloading your inventory, no more running back and forth over 100km because you forgot something. Just end-game convenience with style.
"--? How are commands compounded in a compounded compound command commanding compound composts." -defines.lua

Syrchalis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Syrchalis »

More diverse turrets and enemies. Wish biters were more than a tedious nuisance (at least if you chose something like Biter Difficulty: Hard). And I wish defense was more than just throwing down walls and turrets everywhere.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Escadin wrote:I remember a mod from over a year ago. It added a rocket battery structure which can be loaded from chests. It would then load the individual rocket's payloads with requested items and launch them in an high arc across the map towards your target location. Essentially, emergency supply drop pods. The aesthetics where just awesome because those pods scattered all over the place and you had to run around and loot them (personal robots may help). PLus, a barrage of chemtrailing missiles is just a badass way to transport items. I've since lost track of that mod but I think it was never finished and publicy released, let alone updated.

I wish they would add a system like that to the game. Just imagine those pods act as active supplyer chests. So, when building a wall far outside your base you can just request all the necessary items on the spot, place your blueprint, set up the initial roboport and everything works fully automated form there. No overloading your inventory, no more running back and forth over 100km because you forgot something. Just end-game convenience with style.
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/binbinhfr/CargoRocket
This mod?
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I want rocket turrets. They should be able to handle atomic bombs smartly (like don't fire 3 rockets at one biter, or fire a rocket at the biter 2 m in front of the turret) or be circuit controllable.

Probably should include circuit control for radars too, so you know where to aim the turret.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

mrvn wrote:I want rocket turrets. They should be able to handle atomic bombs smartly (like don't fire 3 rockets at one biter, or fire a rocket at the biter 2 m in front of the turret) or be circuit controllable.

Probably should include circuit control for radars too, so you know where to aim the turret.
This reminds me of a setting for nuclear warheads from AI Wars Fleet Command. Something about how, "If you don't understand why this setting exists, think about the words "Free Roaming", and "Nuclear Warhead" Together"
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Escadin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Escadin »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Escadin wrote:I remember a mod from over a year ago. It added a rocket battery structure which can be loaded from chests. It would then load the individual rocket's payloads with requested items and launch them in an high arc across the map towards your target location. Essentially, emergency supply drop pods. The aesthetics where just awesome because those pods scattered all over the place and you had to run around and loot them (personal robots may help). PLus, a barrage of chemtrailing missiles is just a badass way to transport items. I've since lost track of that mod but I think it was never finished and publicy released, let alone updated.

This mod?
Doesn't look like the one I remember. It wouldn't launch one huge rocket with the model from our rocket silo but a swarm of small ones. Looked like an artillery battery firing 20 shells at once and you could watch the rockets arching towards their targets. Never played it but from what I understand one rocket would be comparable to one logistic bot, except with infinite range, much faster and one-time use only.
Last edited by Escadin on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"--? How are commands compounded in a compounded compound command commanding compound composts." -defines.lua

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Escadin wrote:
Ranakastrasz wrote:

This mod?
Doesn't look like the one I remember. It wouldn't launch one huge rocket with the model from our rocket silo but a swarm of small ones. Looked like an artillery battery firing and you could watch the rockets arching towards their targets. Never played it but from what I understand one rocket would be comparable to one logistic bot, except with infinite range, much faster and one-time use only.
That sounds really awesome. Wish I could see it.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Escadin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Escadin »

The author had a demo video in his thread but damn , I just can't find it anywhere. Perhaps it was removed when they restructured the mod section or the author deleted his thread :(

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12424

I think I am morally required to update that....
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Escadin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Escadin »

Ranakastrasz wrote:viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12424

I think I am morally required to update that....
Omg yes that's it! Somebody ought to make this happen. It's just too awesome to pass on.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

An Artillery of course!

FactorMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FactorMan »

More terraforming! And combat mech! More fauna! Now, game have just two animals, bitters, and, fish... Evolution is poor. Teleports, tanks with ai.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

It would be nice to have some kind of high tech renewable resources. Post rocket of course.

Return to “General discussion”