IS this a bug or a feature?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

IS this a bug or a feature?

Post by DOSorDIE »

I tried to optimize my Blueprints for the beaconed one.
I found that:

Is this a bug or a feature?
Bug.jpg
Bug.jpg (207.34 KiB) Viewed 2501 times
The problem is not the space ... its the speed!
The compressed one are faster and that different is enouth to kill my optimization :(
and that are faster tha just lay it on the belt.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: IS this a bug or a feature?

Post by Distelzombie »

Looks like splitter that look south and to the right are working a bit different. Does this have effect on other things fed into the splitter? I mean from a belt or a creative loader with only one lane active.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

JulianSkies
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JulianSkies »

It's the inner lane of a curve, the inner lane of curves is faster than the outer lanes (not actually faster, but it needs to traverse less distance with the same speed) and in all of those cases you mentioned you're feeding a curve into the straight line, and the aberrant lane comes from the inner lane of a curve.

Krazykrl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Krazykrl »

It's not necessarily a bug... it's a timing thing relating to the inserter dropping onto the outside lane directly onto a splitter. The solution is to not insert directly onto splitters, only insert onto belts or underneathies if you want consistent results.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

JulianSkies wrote:It's the inner lane of a curve, the inner lane of curves is faster than the outer lanes (not actually faster, but it needs to traverse less distance with the same speed) and in all of those cases you mentioned you're feeding a curve into the straight line, and the aberrant lane comes from the inner lane of a curve.
This not the reason. Atleast it should not be different since the build is exactly the same in all directions.
Krazykrl wrote:It's not necessarily a bug... it's a timing thing relating to the inserter dropping onto the outside lane directly onto a splitter. The solution is to not insert directly onto splitters, only insert onto belts or underneathies if you want consistent results.
The point the inserter drops the item on is in all cases in the exact same position relative to the splitter - It is always dropping on the left lane of the right side of the splitter, onto the curved belt part. (Seen from a standpoint where the belts move upwards) In every case.
It shouldnt cause different results in other cardinal directions.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

Return of the north facing insert bug?
On second glance, in both images, the East And South facing splitters exhibit this behavior.

Return to “General discussion”