Mixed mines

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
juliejayne
Inserter
Inserter

Mixed mines

Post by juliejayne »

I have a patch of mixed Uranium and coal..... I placed miners across it and it was mining coal as I have no sulfuric acid there yet.... but it has now stopped. There is still space on the belt, there is still coal, but nothing is being mined...am I missing something. Those on the upper right have coal and uranium and are not mining.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mixed mines

Post by Ranakastrasz »

The miner covers both resources. Without sulfur, it cannot mine the uranium, so when it tries to mine the uranium it gets stuck.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Kametec
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kametec »

Place electric mines in a way that they cover most of the coal without reaching any of the uranium. Even if there is 1 piece of uranium and 10k coal, the uranium stucks the mine really soon. There is no way to forbid them from trying to mine it. Use burner miners for edges. Burners cannot mine uranium, so they will not detect it and will not get stuck because of it.

juliejayne
Inserter
Inserter

Post by juliejayne »

OK, so this only happens because it is mixed with uranium yes...

ible
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ible »

This could really annoy new players, I recommend this gets a solution.

Proposal: Miner must have sulfuric acid to attempt mining uranium.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Better proposal: make separate tech and mines for uranium that need acid so there is no magic different picture depending on placement and mods can use the new mines as well for eg dirty mining

AndrewIRL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AndrewIRL »

vanatteveldt wrote:Better proposal: make separate tech and mines for uranium that need acid so there is no magic different picture depending on placement and mods can use the new mines as well for eg dirty mining
That's a worse suggestion. No new item clutter. I have enough to manage in my inventory and toolbelt as it is, I don't want one more just for mining uranium, the current multi-purpose design is better and intuitive.

juliejayne
Inserter
Inserter

Post by juliejayne »

AndrewIRL wrote:
vanatteveldt wrote:Better proposal: make separate tech and mines for uranium that need acid so there is no magic different picture depending on placement and mods can use the new mines as well for eg dirty mining
That's a worse suggestion. No new item clutter. I have enough to manage in my inventory and toolbelt as it is, I don't want one more just for mining uranium, the current multi-purpose design is better and intuitive.
Agreed.... but there should be some sort of warning, to alert the player as to the reason why the miners have stopped. Personally I can't see why they can't just keep mining the coal out and then stop. That is what I had expected to happen. Then I planned to come back with sulfuric acid later and pull out the uranium.

Return to “General discussion”