Has anybody tried playing the game with resources set to "very poor"?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Artman40
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Has anybody tried playing the game with resources set to "very poor"?

Post by Artman40 »

And if so, how difficult it is to play and launch a rocket?

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Has anybody tried playing the game with resources set to "very poor"?

Post by Aeternus »

Pretty harsh. Depends if you set the Biters to very poor as well. You'll need to expand fast and wide to keep the resources flowing... think railworld with a ton of temporary mines. I've heared reports though that setting oil to very poor results in no oil patches at all.

SQLek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SQLek »

I played once but with Angels's infini ores and no biters. Challenge was to distribute resources without starving some parts of factory.

If You brave enough go with full Bob's+Angel's+Building Platform ;)

Zillo7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zillo7 »

It's fun to build the giant train network, and I turn on peaceful mode to compensate for the lack of resources.
Though there's almost always a critical shortage of something, usually stone or coal. It makes one nervous since you don't know if you'll have enough for concrete/plastic to launch the first rocket.

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

Aeternus wrote:Pretty harsh. Depends if you set the Biters to very poor as well. You'll need to expand fast and wide to keep the resources flowing... think railworld with a ton of temporary mines. I've heared reports though that setting oil to very poor results in no oil patches at all.
Can confirm that is false, my random world had freq=very poor, got 1 pumpjack, though I haven''t found more despite searching over a half dozen Radar's worth of land area.

AileTheAlien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AileTheAlien »

My current game has train-world for starting options, then low (or "very low"?) resources, and the lowest non-zero alien settings. I still think the alien settings aren't low enough, but that's a topic for the balancing forum. :) Aliens aside, the resources themselves feel pretty reasonable, and actually require me to build new mines / railway, to keep the supplies coming. Note that I've kept the preset "size" option ("large"?) for the resource patches, since the resources would be nearly un-usable (unless I disabled aliens) otherwise. Plus, the large patches of low-amount resources means that I need to build more miners or pumpjacks, to either get more speed or more longevity. If the resources patches were rich but small, then the mines would all be slow and require more trains going to more mines all the time, until speed or productivity modules got researched. :)

Return to “General discussion”