Logistic network and combinators

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Finndibaenn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Logistic network and combinators

Post by Finndibaenn »

I wanted to setup a barrel factory to manufactor barrels until the sum of full (only using them for sulphuric acid right now) and empty barrels reaches a threshold in the logistic network.

I thought this would be easy by using an aritmetic combinator; but i can't a way to connect it to the logistic network (whereas inserters can easily be).
Am I missing something obvious ? or do you really need to wire up all potential storage chest ? (not practical in my case as they are pretty far apart)

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Logistic network and combinators

Post by Shokubai »

Why not just set your empty barrel station to always keep 100 (or some number) in the network and set your barrelling facilities to only output if full barrels falls below some number. MIssing why this needs combinators unless you arent holding barrels in a logi chest.

I generally start at 100 empty 100 full and go from there.

In case you are looking for real specifics... Set the inserter output from your empty barrel assembler to empty barrel <100. Set the inserter output from your barreling assembler to Fluid Barrel < 100. Empty barrels and full barrels should always live in Passive or Requester chests (or storage). Your assembler De-Barreling should be allowed to debarrel always. You can add a tank to store the liquid after debarrelling or just debarrel on demand depending on the throughput you need.

Finndibaenn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Finndibaenn »

because i'm sending the full barrels to remote outposts for mining uranium (and those are not connected to the network), so i want to always have some full barrels available and the total amount to be adjusted upwards when/if i start needing more because of uranium mining expansion

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

Finndibaenn wrote:because i'm sending the full barrels to remote outposts for mining uranium (and those are not connected to the network), so i want to always have some full barrels available and the total amount to be adjusted upwards when/if i start needing more because of uranium mining expansion
You are adding steps to a simple process. Rail Tanker that acid and skip the barrels. I might recommend wiring your unloading pump to a local storage tank to limit it to like 5k or something to reduce waste when the patch runs out.

nemostein
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nemostein »

Shokubai wrote:
Finndibaenn wrote:because i'm sending the full barrels to remote outposts for mining uranium (and those are not connected to the network), so i want to always have some full barrels available and the total amount to be adjusted upwards when/if i start needing more because of uranium mining expansion
You are adding steps to a simple process. Rail Tanker that acid and skip the barrels. I might recommend wiring your unloading pump to a local storage tank to limit it to like 5k or something to reduce waste when the patch runs out.
Although I agree that a tanker is a simpler solution, you didn't answered the OP question (Ok, I'm not at StackOverflow, I know).
Never tried connecting a combinator to the logistics, though...
"I'd say the main bottleneck is sleep." - AndrewIRL

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

If you insist on barreling you still take what I said but you add some chains of other controls.

Limit how many cans your train carries. Limit how many barrels your uranium mine holds in queue...etc... It's low tech and it works.

...simply put...no you can't do it as stated without running a wire A-B and everywhere that touches a barrel in between OR making sure your entire map is one logi-network (limiting cans on belts).

bob2010
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bob2010 »

You can read the contents of the logistics network from a roboport.

Finndibaenn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Finndibaenn »

Thanks !

thtat's the answer i was looking for =)

Return to “General discussion”