How to change world gen of existing save? Or copy+paste base

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Officer Joe Balogna
Inserter
Inserter

How to change world gen of existing save? Or copy+paste base

Post by Officer Joe Balogna »

I have found myself in quite the predicament. After putting about 8 hours into the save, I was getting concerned by the complete lack of biter attacks, so I investigated north of my base. Turns out, I somehow $%^@! my world generation setting to be limited size without realizing it (no wonder my radars were finding nothing!).

Obviously, I won't be able to progress in a world so small and biterless, and I REALLY do not want to waste my 8 hours of gameplay. So, is there any way to change map generation of my save so it will no longer have a size limit, and continue generating?

Alternatively, is there a way I can copy my whole base, and paste it into a new world, with all it's content?

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How to change world gen of existing save? Or copy+paste base

Post by quinor »

The easiest method is probably to just use blueprints. Blueprint the whole base, paste it into the new world and cheat in the resources to build it. Needs some elbow grease but I don't know if there's a mod for that.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

Use creative mod to plant blueprint immediately.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

Officer Joe Balogna
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Officer Joe Balogna »

Is there a way I can copy the character file of my character from this specific save, and paste it into another? I see no realistic way I can replace every item I am carrying, especially the factory buildings (in item form) with machines already in them

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Build everything from your inventory, so it shows up in the blueprint, then deconstruct it all in the new world?

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

Officer Joe Balogna wrote:Is there a way I can copy the character file of my character from this specific save, and paste it into another? I see no realistic way I can replace every item I am carrying, especially the factory buildings (in item form) with machines already in them
Again, use "Creative mode"-Mod. You can give yourself every item you want. :D
Theres a thread where someone wants to analyze savegames, but rseding said it will be nearly impossible. I guess this is also the case here.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

Return to “General discussion”