Why there is not a full scale in Programmable Speakers?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Amegatron
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Why there is not a full scale in Programmable Speakers?

Post by Amegatron »

Sorry if this is a wrong thread, but ... The question is: why the notes start from F3? Not C1, nor even C3?
I returned back to Factorio because combinators are my favour, and started to play with the speaker. Basically I implemented one of my favourite piano songs, but the short scale stops me from implementing it fully.
Or maybe it is possible to expand the scale by modding?
Thanks.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Why there is not a full scale in Programmable Speakers?

Post by daniel34 »

Amegatron wrote:Or maybe it is possible to expand the scale by modding?
It is. Every note of every instrument has it's own sound file stored in data\base\sound\programmable-speaker, and in data\base\prototypes\entity\entities.lua it is defined which sound file corresponds to which instrument/note.

If you have a sound file of every note you need you can put them all in a mod and in the data.lua file of the mod add a new instrument for the programmable speaker where you define which input value should play which sound file.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Amegatron
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Why there is not a full scale in Programmable Speakers?

Post by Amegatron »

daniel34 wrote:
Amegatron wrote:Or maybe it is possible to expand the scale by modding?
It is. Every note of every instrument has it's own sound file stored in data\base\sound\programmable-speaker, and in data\base\prototypes\entity\entities.lua it is defined which sound file corresponds to which instrument/note.
Thanks for the reply! If I have time and appropriate mood I'll give this a try :)

Return to “General discussion”