Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
cid0rz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by cid0rz »

Hello! loved the game since the load screen to my already more than 300h ^^. Loved also the factorio development gif section! :mrgreen:

basementjack
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by basementjack »

GOD YES, this game is FANTASTIC.

If it helps the devs...

1) I am not a hardcore gamer.
2) I found out about the game from it's ratings on Steam in September 2016.
3) I watched the Trailer with the voice narration, and bought the game instantly, without trying the demo first.
4) I was a fan of this style game in the past (Dune2, Warcraft1, Command and Conquer, etc)

Most importantly....
I JUST found out about this game, it's amazing to see people have been playing alpha builds for a few years now!
The people I've told about it, have not heard about it yet.
There are still more customers out there....
Also as a side note, at this point, $20 is too low, And one friend refused to look at the game because it was 'in alpha'

It's almost unethical that I've played this for >100 hours on a $20 purchase.
I intend to make up for it by buying the game for friends, this game is easily worth more.
I would love more 'easy' missions (I stopped playing missions with the airplane, it was too hard)

- Jack

ReDragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

I got a review (on steam) but...

Post by ReDragon »

...they is only for the other player or possible players in my eyes. I hope one dev will read this and take it to the other people inside the office.

Since i was a little boy i loved games like Anno 1602. Building production chains and grow up mine baby is wonderfull. Factorio is a great game. In a few part similar to Anno. Factiorio brings back some lost emotions.

On this way i want to say thanks! Thanks for working much and hard at Factorio, thanks for the idea itselfs and thanks for the motivation to make a game out of the idea! Without factorio i would miss a great possibility to waste my life time and get balanced. Great side effect, i'm dry because of this game!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into "Thank You" topic
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Maximus-CZ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maximus-CZ »

So here it goes.

I discovered Factorio like 1 year ago, played demo for like hour and pirated the game right after. I had a blast for one longer run, one shorter and many short. I always viewed the game as awesome, but strangely there were never enough for me to keep playing, and thus I stopped entirly. Once the game hit Steam, I bought the game to support devs, tried another run but ended quick enough. I was happy and sad at the same time: Great game but no way for me to play it.

This... Changed... With Multiplayer..
When I started reading posts about Multi, I fired Factorio up again and joined few servers. Played for a bit on a few, but again not really satisfied.
2 Days ago, I started new map. I used RSO to generate ore, and scanned for a bit to sides, then disabled mods and run vannila server. At the evening (after we nearly ran out of iron), few minning outposts were built with all mats comming with trains into the middle of the base, right to the start of Main Bus.
Yesterday I fired up the save on LAN with buddy that saw Factorio before, but was always too slow and complicated at start. We got robots up so building a self-sustaining great wall all around was easy and fulfilling task. We spent whole free day just managing and expanding our city. Today I am at work, thinking just about what else needs to be done Factorio.

So, developoers,
Thank you for your dedication and endurance on your voyage to a great game, not followed by many developers today.
Thank you for always being fair not just with your customers, but with all people that come by. I haven't paid for the game for quite some time, even admited on forums, and never got any negative reply from you. This was big part of why I purchased the game later on.
Thank you for always informing community about your progress IN HONEST WAY. Many teams knows its good to have feedback, yet I get the feeling that only You (and maybe KSP devs) make the feedback really honest. Things are like they are, you never exaggerate your acomplishments, you let people choose what to be excited about.

Those are all signs of very healthy decisions and work conditions, so to whoever is managing those (as I do not follow composition of the dev team): Thank you.

If you were to do bad game, so many people would write bad review. I think its important that you hear that people not only like what you are doing, but also what exactly.

Please never change,
Petr

Chaos Utama
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Chaos Utama »

This game is AMAZING. the trailer looked just interesting enough to try it out, and i have regretted nothing. THANK YOU so much for developing a game like this.

mischu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mischu »

Really well done!

Its not just a great game its a whole new genre!

mac_ol
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mac_ol »

Yep!
Thx to all Factorio Devs for bringing me this great Alpha!

Sacredd
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sacredd »

Thx for this game.
Thx for mod support.
Thx for multiplayer mode.

psychomuffin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by psychomuffin »

Although there are lots of things I love about this game (and I mean A LOT of different things), I ESPECIALLY love how much effort has gone into optimizing this game. I love how efficient it is. I have never had a single instance of sluggishness or slowness from either input lag, response lag, low FPS, or anything that is the slightest bit noticeable.

I just opened a Unity game, and ran my mouse cursor up and down the main menus and the menu highlights were about half second behind my mouse! And I haven't even gotten into a game yet! After seeing what you do, such a lag is intolerable!

You have really spoiled me (and all of us I think) with how well your game runs. Although I can't understand the code you describe, it means a lot that you are doing all you can to make the game run as efficiently as possible.

Thanks so much! I'm sure I'll be back to tell you others reasons I love this game!

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

+1 for the above. Considering the amount of stuff the game has to process per tick, without cutting corners, if it were done by any other company it would require a top-end overclocked, overspecced gaming machine and still lag like crazy. Yet the game runs super-smooth on my ancient non-gaming desktop with its mere 512MB graphics card. Utterly amazing feat of modern software engineering that even mainstream software companies would struggle to match (that's if they even have the will power to attempt anything like Factorio, which they don't). And I saw a video of 400 players in an MP game and it was still running pretty much fine.... *mind blown*
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

iostr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by iostr »

Hi,

sorry if this has been asked before (searching for "pay more" yielded no results strangely).

I lack words for how great his game is. Wube and kovarex created such an awesome experience, up there with other timeless classics such as Baldurs Gate 2, Homeworld and XCOM.

Is there any way to support Wube more than buying the game? (obviously I already did that) Is there some way that I could pay Wube more money?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

iostr wrote:Is there any way to support Wube more than buying the game? (obviously I already did that) Is there some way that I could pay Wube more money?
This may help : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33617.
If you buy the game on the main site, you have a "tip" section : https://www.factorio.com/buy
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

iostr wrote:Timeless classics such as Baldurs Gate 2, Homeworld and XCOM.
A) It is an honor, as BG2 and XCOM are one of my very favorites!
b) What is homeworld? Being in the middle of such a list makes me wonder. Let's take a look ....

nobodx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by nobodx »

kovarex wrote:
b) What is homeworld? Being in the middle of such a list makes me wonder. Let's take a look ....
Homeworld is one of the best (or rather 2nd, Homeworld: Cataclysm was a little bit better) 3D Strategy-games i've ever played (though they messed up the remaster imho)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

nobodx wrote:
kovarex wrote:
Homeworld is one of the best (or rather 2nd, Homeworld: Cataclysm was a little bit better) 3D Strategy-games i've ever played (though they messed up the remaster imho)
Ok, I tried it and it is meh for me.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

nobodx wrote: Homeworld is one of the best (or rather 2nd, Homeworld: Cataclysm was a little bit better) 3D Strategy-games i've ever played (though they messed up the remaster imho)
Agreed. It adds really cool strategy possibilities cause of the 3D. Sounds stupid: Hiding into empty space... Or fighting down to up gives you sometimes a strategic advantage. Works in 3D really, really well, but is for most players hard to master.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

ssilk wrote:
nobodx wrote: Homeworld is one of the best (or rather 2nd, Homeworld: Cataclysm was a little bit better) 3D Strategy-games i've ever played (though they messed up the remaster imho)
Agreed. It adds really cool strategy possibilities cause of the 3D. Sounds stupid: Hiding into empty space... Or fighting down to up gives you sometimes a strategic advantage. Works in 3D really, really well, but is for most players hard to master.
It is too abstract for me to play. I just see few triangle dots and lines in an empty space.

AenAllAin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AenAllAin »

Hello, my name is AenAllAin, and ...I am a Factorio addict. I know that the first step towards dealing with addiction is admitting that you have a problem, and that is why I am here to day. For me it all began about 6 months ago on that tragic day when my brother told me, "Dude! You have to play this game! I mean seriously, go and buy it like right now! For REAL bro!". I finally got tired of his nagging and did it, not realizing that tragically my life as I knew it would never be the same *sobbing* :( .

I used to run and play outside with my nieces and nephews, but now I just yell at them through the window to play nice with each other, stay off of the road, help your brother he's choking, don't get into that strangers van, tell your mother your sister fell in the well ...and then I just go back to building stuff.

It's even effecting my job (...now I enjoy going to work). I told my boss that I needed a little more time to clean up the logos for our company web page, tweak the javascript, and optimize the loading speed ...but it's all lies, IT'S ALL JUST LIES!!! ...I finished the web page a month ago! I've just been playing Factorio!

I meant to vote for that other dude, Hillary; so did all my friends ...but when election day came ...we all just stayed home playing Factorio. "He'll be fine", we said, "He married that other guy, Bill; they'll be the first gay couple to both be president." ...but we didn't vote! WE DIDN'T VOTE! We had to secure a new source of iron ore, and the outpost wasn't going to build itself! Can you blame us?! NO! You developers are as much to blame as we are! Pushing your "Cractorio" on us. You knew what you were doing, you knew! Think of all the time we could have spent flaming people online for having a different opinion, time that could have been spent belittling our fellow man, or arguing endlessly about who would do a better job ruining the country; but no, you forced us to spend that time enjoying ourselves. YOU MONSTERS!

...I've tried to play other games; I've tried. ...but I'm just going through the motions. The truth is that when I'm with those other games, I'm really just thinking about playing Factorio. I finally realized the other day that there was no point in going on like this; it was all so pointless. So I decided to end it all, and I, ...*deep-breathe*, ...I canceled my WoW subscription!

I want the Factorio staff to know, it may be other people who are forced to enjoy the consequences of your reckless development, but those innocent gamers have families, and when those families are torn together in a multiplayer match, well that's on you; that IS on ALL of you!

saibotxd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by saibotxd »

Hi,

pushing devs is always a good thing, especially if they do great work.
Thanks for creating and always improving the game!

Best regards,
saibotxd

Return to “General discussion”