Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Sparkerish
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by Sparkerish »

:lol: ssilk :lol: Khyron :lol:

:| :) :P :? :o :shock: :cry: :evil: :idea: :twisted: 8-) :mrgreen:

I think that covers the basics of gameplay

AWESOME GAME DEVs

! ! ! ! THANK YOU ! ! ! !
Have FUN!
WARNING Factorio

tecxx
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tecxx »

hy. just bought the game because it definitely needs to be supported.
keep up the good work!

ArmitageShanks
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ArmitageShanks »

What an excellent game. Only got it a few days ago and have only scratched the surface. Looks like I will be playing this for a long time to come. Best game of the year for me. Wish I had not spent money on other games. Steam definitely needs to add this. I will spread the word on how good it is! Well done Dev team.

JoanSam
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JoanSam »

Guys, I'd just like to say: This is the game I never knew I wanted. We all have our ideas of a 'good game', and I very nearly skipped over an article about the game at Rock Paper Shotgun. "Factories? How about a paper-pusher simulator?" But I was bored, I clicked the link and saw the pictures and read what this game was all about and...it completely blew me away. I got the demo half an hour ago just to check-just to make absolutely sure that this was as good as I hoped. And a sense of childlike wonder stole over me. It started with the music and the atmosphere, and every time I completed one step in the tutorial level, every time a NEW machine was unlocked for me to build with, my smile grew wider and wider. This game is so incredibly well designed, each feature so lovingly perfected--I can't stop smiling.
I opened up the game thinking, "Only two things could make this game better. Only two. And they would be multiplayer, and mobile combat units-tanks or planes or what-have-you. I'll buy this game, support the team's fantastic efforts, and hope that maybe eventually they'll add one of those things." I have just learned that you will include both. And as I'm writing this I'm almost jumping with joy. I needed to post this before I go and explore the game any further, because I have a feeling I'll emerge from my computer later with no concept of how much time has passed, and I wanted to thank you guys before then. Please, keep doing what you're doing. You're two steps ahead of me on seemingly everything necessary to make this idea into a fantastic reality, and I can't wait to see where it goes next. You're making one guy very happy.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

JoanSam wrote:Guys, I'd just like to say: This is the game I never knew I wanted. We all have our ideas of a 'good game', and I very nearly skipped over an article about the game at Rock Paper Shotgun. "Factories? How about a paper-pusher simulator?" But I was bored, I clicked the link and saw the pictures and read what this game was all about and...it completely blew me away. I got the demo half an hour ago just to check-just to make absolutely sure that this was as good as I hoped. And a sense of childlike wonder stole over me. It started with the music and the atmosphere, and every time I completed one step in the tutorial level, every time a NEW machine was unlocked for me to build with, my smile grew wider and wider. This game is so incredibly well designed, each feature so lovingly perfected--I can't stop smiling.
I opened up the game thinking, "Only two things could make this game better. Only two. And they would be multiplayer, and mobile combat units-tanks or planes or what-have-you. I'll buy this game, support the team's fantastic efforts, and hope that maybe eventually they'll add one of those things." I have just learned that you will include both. And as I'm writing this I'm almost jumping with joy. I needed to post this before I go and explore the game any further, because I have a feeling I'll emerge from my computer later with no concept of how much time has passed, and I wanted to thank you guys before then. Please, keep doing what you're doing. You're two steps ahead of me on seemingly everything necessary to make this idea into a fantastic reality, and I can't wait to see where it goes next. You're making one guy very happy.
That made happy.

The funny thing is, that exactly those two things are work in progress and were talked about in the last friday facts: https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-44 :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Also I would like to thank for all the great feedback, we value it a lot and it adds us motivation.
It helps me to get over the impression that the game is broken and full of bugs when just fixing bugs all the time these days.

Yolan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yolan »

On day Factorio day two now and my third sandbox map. I just got my first refinery up and going. Wow what a journey.

I love it how you can just walk around your factory watching it purr along, and both admire the neatness of the little solutions you invented, and be awed at the same time by the sheer volume of material that is passing through at lightening speed. It is interesting how there is this kind of frenetic pace with the wizzing by of materials, and yet at the same time you can take it as slowly as you want. Looking forward to discovering the higher tier research options and further developing my manufacturing plant.

Great game. I'm a long time watcher of indie games ever since I joined the bay12 forums in 2008. This game is one of the best I have ever seen.

Also... am I the only one who gets a kind of fallout vibe from the graphics and music?

Calico
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Calico »

Yolan wrote: Also... am I the only one who gets a kind of fallout vibe from the graphics and music?
Having played Factorio before there was the new soundtrack, i can't judge the audio part. But the Graphics and overall setting (alone, barren wasteland, next to no technology in the start, mutated things that wanna kill me) always reminded me of Fallout 1-2. Guess this would make a nice total conversion mod one day.... when Vault 42 opens and the few remaining survivors try to start anew. :D

tecxx
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tecxx »

kovarex wrote:Also I would like to thank for all the great feedback, we value it a lot and it adds us motivation.
It helps me to get over the impression that the game is broken and full of bugs when just fixing bugs all the time these days.

broken? i showed the trailer Video to my coworkers in our IT dept and 4 people bought it right away. it is our #1 topic in lunch breaks. definitely not broken! :)

Spharv2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Spharv2 »

Yolan wrote:I love it how you can just walk around your factory watching it purr along, and both admire the neatness of the little solutions you invented, and be awed at the same time by the sheer volume of material that is passing through at lightening speed. It is interesting how there is this kind of frenetic pace with the wizzing by of materials, and yet at the same time you can take it as slowly as you want. Looking forward to discovering the higher tier research options and further developing my manufacturing plant.
And then you suddenly realize half your factory isn't working because you set an inserter the wrong way...then you fix that and get attacked aaaaalll the way over on the other side of your base, in the one location where you have a gap in your defense line. Those moments where everything runs correctly are nice, but there's always a near catastrophe lurking around the corner. :mrgreen:

Yolan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yolan »

I love how the devs (dev?) have a very close eye for the little things. Playing the stable release, I noticed that there was no warning sound when things were being attacked. If you weren't paying attention to the map you might turn around to find a bunch of stuff had been destroyed. I also noticed that when on a belt, it was hard to distinguish the gray of magazine clips from the gray of the belt. Today I installed the test release. Both issues addressed. :lol:

ible
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ible »

kovarex wrote:Also I would like to thank for all the great feedback, we value it a lot and it adds us motivation.
One development style is to fix all known bugs before adding new features.
There are many advantages to fixing all the bugs before adding more features and refactoring code.

Factorio is a real gem of a game. Please keep up the good work and enjoy your craft.

Landrassa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Landrassa »

An absolutely, positively wonderful game.

It scratches several itches I didn't even know I had. Imagine I'm going to get many, many hours of fun out of it.

HeilTec
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HeilTec »

This game! :shock:

It has invaded my life and I spend much too much time on it. Whether I watch LP'ers on youtube or play it myself I seem to be unable to get too much of it. :oops:

It inspires to contribute in many ways. Getting introduced to a 'new' scripting language is nice; I didn't see LUA or use it before. More languages - more diversity of expression. :geek:

I bet the game will accelerate and gain even more users faster. :D
Google is my friend. Searching the forum and the wiki is always a first.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I love this game!
I hope devs will make a lot of money from this game.

Unlike some mass produced games with their unimaginative rushed games and undeserved profit, Factorio is one of the best game for me. I absolutely love it.

ghosrath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ghosrath »

Been playing for little over a week now and i am absolutely LOVING this game. Reminds me of the countless hours i spent on RCT, TTD, RailroadTycoon and more like that..

A very big thank you from me to the dev-team!

VBMeireles
Inserter
Inserter

Post by VBMeireles »

Factorio is a masterwork. It is an outstanding piece of gaming art. Thank you for making it.

My brother told me about it. He was all hyped about it and made me watch his game over Skype. I didn't think I was going to like it since I didn't like the graphics too much and 99% of alpha games are such huge catastrophic failures. I decided to give it a go, however, and it was love at first sight.

The gaming community was (and still is) in need of something like this. I'm not talking about the idea only (there is a shitload of industry "games" out there), but specially about the quality of everything. You can feel the quality of the programming by just playing it. The sprites also seem very carefully done. It's like I can see how organized, optimized and as bugfree as practically possible the code is without ever having looked at it. The team seems to be composed of professionals (and not of 16 years old kids straight out of their C++ course) who are taking the game as seriously as a game should be taken.

I played it (the full 0.10.6 version) through alternative/questionable means (like I always do with these alpha games that show up - sorry for admitting it publicly) but I'm buying it as soon as I get home. I'm just deciding on which one I'll get (the basic or the upgraded packages).

Thank you.
Congratulations.
Have my respect.

Lorath
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lorath »

Found factorio a week ago and im absolutely amazed and stunned !!!
Right now I'm 50+ hours in and I can't stop playing goddamnit... I'm very very happy that I'm still in my holidays :D

You guys did an awesome job. This is one of the games where you can feel and see the effort behind it.
I don't know what to say, I'm just so in love with this game - it has so much I can enjoy.
Can't wait to see what else will make it into the release ;)

Keep on with the amazingly outstanding work.

Best regards.

BinaryMan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BinaryMan »

Factorio is a very unique experience and one that I treasure. It has a sort of puzzle element that is only constricted by the player's goals and imagination. I look forward to seeing it exposed on Steam to a wider audience, I think it deserves to be seen more. It is definitely worth a buy in its current state, so it will only get even better with time! I think multi-player will help a lot to get the more mainstream audience interested and it's already on the roadmap.

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

I remember finding the first supply closet in System Shock and being able to mold basic supplies into advanced weapons and devices. Ever since then I've been hooked on crafting. From going through trash cans in Arcanum to picking flowers in Oblivion, I've always looked for that next big thing in crafting. Factorio is it! Thank you for recognizing and pursuing such a great idea!

Return to “General discussion”