Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Feka
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by Feka »

You made pure crack.

Seriously.

I love your game. Keep up the good work. I registered to the forums just to say this. :shock:

Kaldo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kaldo »

Just want to chime in and add Factorio has been my favorite indie experience so far. I don't know what I like more - the fact the devs constantly interact with the community, write regular blog posts and ask for our feedback about implementing new mechanics, or if it's their fair pricing scheme, constant updates and work on the game... Or the fact that the game is just so fun at all stages of it, and masterfully combines micromanagement and macromanagement, functional and aesthetic design... I've never been happier to give someone money, because I know they deserve it. The game is a masterpiece.

So... thank you for Factorio, and for showing me there are still indie games worth funding! It's really one of a kind, no other base builder game comes close to it.

BzztYeow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BzztYeow »

Must say I don't think I've ever felt I spent $20 so well... 479 hours of gameplay and counting. It's nearly everything I ever wanted in a game!

Just waiting for the research update before diving back in.

Thank you so much for your work. I love it!

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Going by the hours I've spent playing and modding Factorio, it is by far my game of the year 2016.

Mimp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mimp »

Thanks for a great game, I just got Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast, Raining Bullets and Lazy Bastard together for my first win. Totally worth the price of admission.

Dyscordia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dyscordia »

Is a big game from a big dev-team

Thx for that game

Embiggen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Embiggen »

Best game ever. So much freedom, even for a sandbox. This game will definitely stand the test of time. Keep up the great work! :D

Green_Baron
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Green_Baron »

Nice game, really. Has the complexity i always missed in games where you have to build something. But i am just a few hours into it, at the beginning of the learning curve.

I was lured here by a recommendation from players over in another game forum (Kerbal Space Program) ...

cheers
gb

AlNeaera
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AlNeaera »

Thanks. Great game.

Just after the steam release, saw it on my queue.
"What the heck a game of building factories ?"
I tried the demo.
"Oh my god, my OCDs"
I bought one for me.
"So good"
And then one extra copy when someone come over for a wild night of factorio.
"Best fun playing night since Portal 2"
After someone come, one again as christmas gift.
"More oil, please"
And looked at the mods, the FFF, etc...
"This will never ends"

This is probably one of my best 20€ spend (x3)

Next time I come to Prague, I'll take a picture of your office front: "This is where the magic happens".

Foreros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Foreros »

The game is truly great.
The mechanics are smart and intuitive, but it's brain cracking for get new solutions for everyday problems. :D
The best phrase I can tell is " the last 10 year best spent money".
Sorry if not perfect, because I'm not so good with english, but compliments are a must be done to you.

xenosteel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xenosteel »

THANK YOU DEVS!!
THANK YOU MOD MAKERS!!

This is the game that I've been looking for for over 20 years.

I wrote more in the "First Impressions" topic. Looky here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8197&start=240#p239143

Sparkysam
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sparkysam »

The thanks you will come at the end, but I have to say something first.
I love the game but struggle with its lack of usability due to only 1 core being used, and low FPS because it can't handle more than 10 mods in one game once u get mid game or the fact I have to lower my servers clock speed so everyone can play, all points to me that make me feel less and less wanting to play the amount I want to if it had this performance like it should, it should be running like watch_dogs 2 where it uses everything it can get and gives you the performance you expect because it can use the power it needs!

Thank you for a great game but for God sake Sort out performance for modding and better gameplay, i like the graphics how they are but god this game is like the old Runescape java client before they brought out NXT!!!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Sparkysam wrote:The thanks you will come at the end, but I have to say something first.
I love the game but struggle with its lack of usability due to only 1 core being used, and low FPS because it can't handle more than 10 mods in one game once u get mid game or the fact I have to lower my servers clock speed so everyone can play, all points to me that make me feel less and less wanting to play the amount I want to if it had this performance like it should, it should be running like watch_dogs 2 where it uses everything it can get and gives you the performance you expect because it can use the power it needs!

Thank you for a great game but for God sake Sort out performance for modding and better gameplay, i like the graphics how they are but god this game is like the old Runescape java client before they brought out NXT!!!
If you knew at all how programming worked you would know everything you've said makes no sense - especially so comparing something like Watch Dogs 2 to Factorio. The count of mods has absolutely nothing to do with game performance unless the mod authors have written slow mods - which isn't something I can fix.

Attempting to explain to you why we can't just "make it use multiple cores" doesn't seem like a good investment of my time.

If you're not satisfied with the gameplay that's unfortunate but yelling at us like we're idiots is not the solution.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Rseding91 wrote: Attempting to explain to you why we can't just "make it use multiple cores" doesn't seem like a good investment of my time.
PSST: Rseding91 and Sparkysam https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-151 :geek:
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

jorgenRe wrote:
Rseding91 wrote: Attempting to explain to you why we can't just "make it use multiple cores" doesn't seem like a good investment of my time.
I know that FF exists but we tried it and it didn't pan out. There aren't any sections of the game update loop that we can throw into a threaded state without massive hacks to prevent concurrent modifications which breaks determinism when you *don't* run the update on multiple threads and gives very little gains (< 10% after all the hacking is done).
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

MaMo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MaMo »

Sometimes when I can't sleep at night, I load my big factory save just to watch wawes of drones/trains moving in this tuned system of mine, with near-to exact math binding everything to max.effectivity and then go to map mode and watch trains running with basic resources everywhere, then go to control centre and turn block on and off and see how everything obeys :D. Then everything is in harmony again....unless I find out some robot bugs misbehave or one complicated train path failed because of new situation and then I have to put this to my "factorio-next steps task list" :D

But seriously, thank you for this game.

AenAllAin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AenAllAin »

Rseding91 wrote:
jorgenRe wrote:
I know that FF exists but we tried it and it didn't pan out. There aren't any sections of the game update loop that we can throw into a threaded state without massive hacks to prevent concurrent modifications which breaks determinism when you *don't* run the update on multiple threads and gives very little gains (< 10% after all the hacking is done).
I don't know if my saying so will make any difference, but I can vouch for what the Devs are saying about the difficulty of multi-threading; it is actually is a complex subject even just in theory, and in implementation it can become a nightmare. My focus for my Computer Science Master's was in Parallel computing. Lots of people even at that level struggled with it. Most people have difficulty just conceptualizing a coherent async system, and if you get anything wrong it may not even be noticeable in basic testing. Deadlock, De-sync, and Incoherence bugs are incredibly hard to troubleshoot.

One of my course projects was writing a disk scheduler for a Linux kernel based on our professor's optimization algorithm, and we had to work in a team of four. We almost failed the project because of one big-mouthed, know-it-all member of our team; he was great at talking abstractly and using all the right key words, but it turned out he had no clue what they meant or how to implement it. The result was our project seg-faulting right up to the due date. When I looked at what he had done, I realized there was no way I could sort through all of the confusion in what he had written before the deadline, so I ended up spending the whole night before the deadline in the lab writing a replacement for his portion that actually matched the algorithm.

Spitfyre334
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Spitfyre334 »

To start, you guys have made such an amazing game, but beyond that you make it clear you genuinely care about not only your game, but all the fans, all the players, all of the community you've fostered. Your dedication to making the game accessible to everyone is incredibly welcoming in a world where game development doesn't reach to some operating systems or older systems. You created a game that makes collaboration with people an enjoyable experience, and stay in touch with the community to create the most enjoyable, most balanced, and most rewarding time-sink of a game I've ever played. The amount of appreciation I have for the patience, careful thought, respect, enjoyment, long hours, and love that you guys have poured into this game (from what I've seen and heard) is massive and I find more of it the more I play. The community you've created off of the simple premise of building a factory, reaching from the most spaghetti of bases to the self replicating, 30 rpm, belt-less factories, and the interactions I've seen between the veterans and the noobs alike is encouraging and powerful. I may be a noob with only 40 hours logged, but that doesn't change any amount of love I have for this game, and the appreciation I have for the effort you've put into it. Singing high praises and probably sounding a bit crazy, but I can't stress enough the thanks I have to you the dev team, and to your community, and to the many many hours I'll be spending among the biters. Thank you devs.

Devin1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Devin1 »

I truly appreciate you making this game. I've got ~50 hours in watching Lets Play youtube series, and about ~20 hours so far in-game. This is truly such a cool game. 99% of my games are FPS, if that tells you anything. It's truly challenging my brain.

Shadus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shadus »

Actually joined this forum looking for this topic (though I had to stop and comment on the FFF and someone having multiplayer issues).

I just wanted to say that this is the single best game I've ever bought for the money I spent. The pure value, hours to dollars, amazes me. The dedication, love, and attention you devs have put into it. The respect you've shown the community. Simply superb. Thank you for all that you've done, and all that you continue you to do.

As a programmer and amateur game maker, I know the some of the challenges you have faced, and know that there have been challenges I can't even imagine from my small foray into game development. The fact that you have taken the time to be communicative and honest with the community is something I wish more developers would take to heart.

I appreciate the humbleness you express, the way you share your ideas and goals and then ask for feedback... without ever resorting to the high-handed, egotistical standpoint of, "We know what's best!" that some game companies espouse.

You have made a great game. You make it better every release. But above that, you are inspirational to me as a coder. I want to be more like you, in both my profession and my hobbies.

Thank you... for being awesome.

Return to “General discussion”