Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
pipvac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by pipvac »

Just completed my very first play through from start to finish. I really wanted to savour the mechanics and learn on the way, and 43 hours later I decided I couldn't hold off any longer, loaded the satellite and hit LAUNCH!
Outstanding experience. Love this to bits. Thank you so much!

I may have a couple more vanilla plays before digging through the mods portal.

You have me day dreaming of belt layouts, and planning outposts in my sleep!

If there was one lesson I learned in this first game, if I thought it was built big enough, I thought wrong.
Oh so that's how blueprints work! OMG!

Dolgar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dolgar »

Hello there !

I bought Factorio this morning. I launched a game, and it's very impressive. Lots of things to do, to learn, and to understand. But I'm very pleased of the challenge. I never seen a game like this, and I like it.

Thank you for your work, keep it up !

Taneeda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Taneeda »

Hi Devs,

Thank you very much for this gem of a game. I played it ~130hrs until now and there is no end in sight :)

Greetings,
Taneeda
Shit happens, don't worry, keep happy

Factorie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorie »

Thank you kovarex for doing the AMA on Reddit today! Decided to finally purchase the game because of it.

arifmansuris
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by arifmansuris »

Thanks For Game Develope

milestorm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by milestorm »

I also wanna thank you for this great game! 145 hours so far on steam and counting :) (not counting the pre steam time :))

I showed this game at work, and managed three colleagues to actually also buy this lovely game. Now we're showing ourselves our creations :D

...prostě, díky chlapi!!! Slovy klasika: "Kam se hrabou jiny hry, to se nedá srovnat!" :D

LordGiammai
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LordGiammai »

Thank you for this wonderful game! :D

Syrchalis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Syrchalis »

Thank you developers for the latest patch and the many small things in it.

You know how some developers get even death threats from players? Well, I want to do the opposite. I wish you all very well for making such a great game with so much depth and fun, while still being original and always open to the needs of your players, but also not succumbing to trying to please everyone. All the good fortune to you guys.

The latest patch especially was just great. Many of the bigger things, like the science rework, fluid wagons or nuclear power are cool, but I especially love all the smaller things you did.
  • Ability to drag over buildings while holding left/right mouse
  • Satellite view (more RTS direction, me likey)
  • Blueprints from minute one, finally plan your factory properly without tons of effort, finally I can save my nice early game designs, finally I can come back to the game after a longer break and just use my blueprints to remind me of how things work
  • Oil starting yield finally mattering instead of just the amount of patches
  • More module slots in oil-related buildings
  • High res textures
I hope my post could make you smile for a moment.

Fonkey
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fonkey »

Thank you devs for making a game that i've already sunk a considerable amount of hours into in a short time and can see myself sinking an unhealthy amount more :D

Zenith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zenith »

I would just like to add my thanks to the devs as well.

I haven't played since around version 0.12/0.13 ish and have recently got back into the game and went straight for the latest 0.15. I can't believe how many (what appears to be) minor tweaks there are that have improved the game no-end. It's the quality of life changes that I hear people talking about on youtube that makes an already amazing game even more enjoyable.

So, a big thank you to everyone involved in designing, developing and supporting the game and it's community. You people are great.

Also, one final big thanks for the weekly FFF. I've never experience a game studio keep it's players so up to date with whats going on both in terms of future versions and changes to examples of optimisations behind the scenes. Usually you see a message in the update notification saying "We've optimised things" but you guys take the time to explain it in detail and to then get feedback from the community on the changes you implement.

Fan-bloody-tastic

soxontour
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by soxontour »

Hey there!

I tried the game a few years ago, but I wasn't really interested in.
Then I gave a second chance a few days ago, can't remember exactly because I'm still playing ;)

Just want to thank you sooo much for making such a great job!!
I love what you made out of this game and I'm happy for every minute creating new machines or optimize them.

Just keep going

soxontour

sicklag
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sicklag »

Last edited by sicklag on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foreros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Foreros »

I have to tell that I'm a true fan of the game.
I think to have more than 1000 hours of game actually at my active. :P
And I am going to play even more.
I have started on making a personal mod and exploring the mods of 0.14 and 0.15.
I'm not sure if test the 0.13 versions mods because there are a low availability of them, but maybe...
Thanks again and if you dont know if find me reliable, just look for my other posts in this same topic. :D
I love you!

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

factorio is a nice piece of work

Post by Impatient »

i just want to say thanks to wube games for making factorio. lately i have a lot of fun playing in multiplayer. of course the game is not perfect, but it is great anyways. worth the 20€ i paid 2 years ago. yes, i am proud to say i bought it in early access. i remember, a review i read back then said: "Saying this game is in early access is like saying that mona lisa isn't quite finished." Still you put 2 more years into development, and i guess some development is going to come.

great work!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into the "thank you" topic :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Hazmaz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hazmaz »

Thank you
I love friday facts so much and how much time an effort you guys put into the game and communicating with the community.
This company deserves nothing more than fame and success for as long as it stands, I will always be a supporter of this company.

Tug
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Friday Facts Appreciation

Post by Tug »

Just wanted to express my appreciation for the Friday Facts entries.
I follow the dev blogs of a lot of my games, FF is definitely the best. None else go so deep into the thought process of identifying problems, considering solutions, and bringing that solution to reality. It's inspiring from a technical standpoint and it helps me focus on improving my own projects. Describing the process beyond "balanced enemy HP, redid map generation, optimized train logic" makes everything seem less like programming magic and more like quality applied problem-solving.

So lots of thanks, Factorio Team, hope you keep it up.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into the "Thank You" topic :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Foreros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Foreros »

It's truly funny as game, but could I thank you with a little suggestion?
After the rocket launch put random objectives, like "make 200 CPU", "dig 5000 iron ores", etc. etc. etc. eventually adding the hunt to certain critters.
This give even to laziest player a thing to do for going on to the game.
As seen on a recent discussion the lack of "missions" after the rocket launch is a boring thing because you have nothing to do as request of the game, so this is a little solution for give something to do constantly.
For me the game is more than perfect this way, but in the optic vision of not exactly Factorio lovers, have something to do is a target for going on with the game...
;)

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

If you want this suggestion of yours to be open to serious public discussion, then I suggest you post this suggestion in the suggestions sub-forum. It is not open to much discussion in this thread, because it is off-topic here.

Return to “General discussion”