Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
PaszaVonPomiot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by PaszaVonPomiot »

I have this scale that I use for rating games:
  • terrible - like Universal Combat CE, X:Rebirth
  • average - like PUBG, H1Z1
  • good - like Armored Warfare, CS:GO, World of Warships, World of Tanks
  • great - like This War of Mine, Space Engineers, Fallout 3 & 4, The Long Dark, Besiege
  • EPIC - like Skyrim, Rimworld, The Witcher 3, Fallout 2, Kerbal Space Program, X3:AP, Factorio...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

PaszaVonPomiot wrote:I have this scale that I use for rating games:
  • terrible - like Universal Combat CE, X:Rebirth
  • average - like PUBG, H1Z1
  • good - like Armored Warfare, CS:GO, World of Warships, World of Tanks
  • great - like This War of Mine, Space Engineers, Fallout 3 & 4, The Long Dark, Besiege
  • EPIC - like Skyrim, Rimworld, The Witcher 3, Fallout 2, Kerbal Space Program, X3:AP, Factorio...
You should try Gothic 1 & 2 and Baldurs gate, it should be enough to move The Wither 3 from EPIC to great.
Other than that, thanks :)

Jelmergu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jelmergu »

Thank you for the update of the mod portal. I sure hope that you don't intend on putting that update out without letting anyone know about it.

I have found the following things to be really nice(after browsing it only for a couple of minutes):
- the fact that you can now see what the earliest version of the game can be used in
- the link to my mods is also usefull for developers
- the fact that if i search when not on the first page I don't get strange results

I do want to point out some things though but I'm afraid it won't make you happy and I know as programmer that if I don't point those things out now you certainly won't be happy
- some of the buttons don't match with other buttons(discussion butons have a tiny white line along the upper edge which is absent on the download button)
- the fact that you can not recategorize posts on your on mods discussion page(I have two bug report on one of my mods, both listed as general)
But the best thing is SPEED
Now I realize that Wednesdays evenings aren't the busiest of times for the mod portal, but it seems so much faster that the old version of the portal

Visione
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Visione »

Thank you wube and the dev team!!

rebusb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rebusb »

Absolute thanks to the devs. Have had the game a few days and even though I am just scratching the surface it has taken over everything!. Amazing!

Should have a warning label concerning accelerated passing of RL time while in game.

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

My friend got me a Factorio t-shirt for my birthday. I'm really happy with it. Shipment went fine. So yeah, boring story.

Thank you very much! :)

nate_bug_03
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nate_bug_03 »

Thank you devs, you have really made a special game that I cherish, and wish to continue to play this game into the distant future!

xZippy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by xZippy »

I think I've made this post before, but this game is in my top 5 of greatest games of all time.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Going through the game files because I want to try the "entity destroyed" alarm as my message tone (because I feel like panicking every time someone sends me a message apparently) and found that one of the soundtracks in Factorio is called "The Search For Iron" which is just awesome and needs to be appreciated xD
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

theoctopi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by theoctopi »

I just love this game! It's brought back the joy I used to have hacking programs together in my bedroom as a teenager in the 1980s. It's splendid!

Trashkaiser
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

So wanted to say thank you

Post by Trashkaiser »

You guys have made a amazing game i actually really cant thank you enough you guys are just amazing i bought this game when it first hit steam and i havnt regretted this at all i have days invested in aingle player and more with multiplayer but whats next for you guys just curious what you guys are thinking of doing

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into the "thank you" topic.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Terukio
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Terukio »

As is my typical Friday ritual to read FFF, I wanted to thank the devs for giving their player base a heads up about the incoming (and much deserved) price increase...thus allowing their player base to buy before it costs them more money.

Thank you for being so mindful of your community and keep up the great work. I can't wait to see future changes/expansions to this game, or other games produced by you wonderful people.

maraaaa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by maraaaa »

Creedless82 wrote:Hey there,

i'm not a fan of big words so i'll keep it short and simple:

Thank you for making such a lovely game!
Thank you for countless hours of pure gaming fun!
Thank you for making it so very customizable via mod support!
Thank you for not pushing things too fast!

Well, thank you and keep up the fantastic work!
Basically sums up my feelings!

Also, thanks to the Devs for making something I can run natively on Linux! WINE is really a PITA and Factorio is so easy to run on my Linux box.

thoma5nator
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thoma5nator »

Thanks for making a game that runs on just about anything. My PC died at the end of last year and my sister's laptop can't run warframe... but it can run Factorio pretty appreciably. So I've been making railworlds while she's been off it. Unforfunately I made the fatal mistake of putting Sims 2 on there for her, so I'll have significantly less time going blind on bases.

Thank you!

GrandKingEldrin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GrandKingEldrin »

Game is awesome. Love it. Just read the proposed future content on the website and it sounds EVEN MORE AMAZING. My friend and i have been playing only this game for the past two weeks. Definitely better with a buddy. THANK YOU! There are some issues with Multiplayer but not super bad.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

GrandKingEldrin wrote:There are some issues with Multiplayer but not super bad.
Put them on the the bug report or ideas and suggestions subforums - the devs are very good about that stuff ;).
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

tk0421
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tk0421 »

So I wanted to put Factorio on my aging laptop, but had no desire to install steam and all the bloat that came with it.

I thought i was going to have to purchase a THIRD copy! (I have lost access to my original email and the associated login) only to find out you allow steam-id linking and download of the non-drm version. I wouldnt even have minded buying it again to support the development...

Then after I start up I realize since all the settings/mods are stored in /users/ that I dont even have to worry about copying games, blueprints, mods, etc. Just set up to sync that folder whenever the laptop is docked.

In conclusion: I sat down with the expectation of several hours of googling forums and such, only to have everything I wanted done in about 10 minutes. And 3 mins of that was downloading the installer :)

I'm always finding new reasons to love you guys and what you're doing. Cheers!

skyfan_muk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by skyfan_muk »

Post-backers?

I'd love to get my handle in-game (just my real handle; not any dub's) but see no way to. Version 1 (release) need backers?

Skyfan

Potlood
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Potlood »

Not my words but im happy to use them.

Thank you for making such a lovely game!
Thank you for countless hours of pure gaming fun!

Well, thank you and keep up the fantastic work!

Return to “General discussion”