Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
viveks711
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by viveks711 »

Thank you,
This is the game I've been waiting for since I started playing TTD in 1996

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

viveks711 wrote:Thank you,
This is the game I've been waiting for since I started playing TTD in 1996
Hehe, yes, I was also dreaming of a game where I could use trains to build a proper economy, instead of just earning money. In Transport Tycoon Deluxe, or at least in OpenTTD, the industries do react to good service and expand their input and output accordingly. However, it is all simulated a lot better in Factorio. :)

The only thing I can think of that OpenTTD has and that Factorio is missing are path signals and tunnels/bridges. However, judging by the great work the Factorio devs have done so far, I am confident that they will be implemented sooner or later. My guess is that they will be implemented in Factorio version 1.4, in about 3 years time. ;-)

Foreros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Foreros »

I love so much this game that I still play previous versions even if now there is the 0.15
I have directory for each versions from 0.6 to 0.15, but I have removed the updates for previous versions. :P
If this isn't love for the game, how will you call it? ;)

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Foreros wrote:I have directory for each versions from 0.6 to 0.15
Since you are such a fan of old versions, you may be interested In Factorio Friday Facts #184. As a celebration for five years of Factorio, the very old pre-alpha version 0.1 was provided. ;-)

Foreros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Foreros »

Really? Thanks!!!
I go download it for sure.
Sadly the change of player avatar make him seems so... workman, that the logical story of falling from the sky and gaining the way back to sky seems not realistic, when the avatar from 0.6 is much "spaceman" looking and follow the story much better. :P

Foreros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Foreros »

Just for explain why I keep any versions copy.
If you start drive a Lamborghini or a Ferrari you take it as a standard car.
But if you drive, even after the first time, a lower mode machine you will appreciate for sure the quality of your machine.
Same is for the old versions.
Whe I play older versions I see how good was already the game and I become aware of all the improvements added to the game until now and in the future.
And, after all, the game, even if similar, is so different that it seems another game. P

JakeTse
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

It's really a nice game worth playing

Post by JakeTse »

I just tried this and wow, really great! Thanks for making such great game.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into the "thank you" topic :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

NosytNamffoh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NosytNamffoh »

Copied from another thread, see full thread here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46331
-- daniel34

I really hope someone from the dev team reads this, you guys have done a fantastic job.

In the last few years I have purchased several games. Some beta level games and some major releases. Of all my purchases the one that has given me, the customer, the most value is Factorio!

Firstly I am not a "hardcore" gamer. I do not sit and calculate the quantity and times for optimal efficiency, I don't use mods and I don't play multiplayer. What I do is simply play Factorio for what it is and keep on adding and moving factories forward to new and great things. This game has done 3 things I have never seen in another game.

Firstly is dev team interaction. This game has a very open, honest and respectful development team. They are active on the forum and neither let players bully their direction nor lash out at ideas they do not like. This level of transparency really makes me feel like my money was well spent in furthering a company that is going to succeed based on product value rather then grabbing every cent they can to get rich. Your entire company has gathered a positive reputation and I would definitely purchase more products in the future. As a side note I almost feel bad that I got Factorio for so cheap so I would not be against a couple pieces of DLC to further enhance your income stream.

Second thing is quality. I gather that the dev team for Factorio is pretty small. In my experience small companies cut corners to bring in revenue and push things out quickly due to management and investor pressure. I have never seen this in Factorio. I have played extensively and have yet to encounter a single bug. Now to emphasize this I have been in quality roles for ~13 years and have been the bane of developers because of my ability to break things. Now under what I would consider normal conditions I have not seen Factorio break. For me seeing a small team accomplish this is surprising and you guys need to make sure to give yourselves credit for that. I have not seen that from many developments in the past.

Lastly is content and graphics. I believe Factorio has done an outstanding job of balancing graphics with content. To many games todays spend abundant time and effort on making breath taking graphics for a game that takes very little time to complete. Factorio has what I would consider decent graphics for the price point and content of the game. It doesn't stress my machine and really allows me to build expansive amazing factories. I think you are right on the mark for graphics and I would say exceeding my expectations on content.

You will not see me much on the forums as I am not generally one to say much. But I felt it necessary to let the team know you are doing an amazing job. If you keep this up you are all going to be very successful. Never trade money for values and you will always have a strong community of followers.

GREAT JOB!

Spychotic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Spychotic »

Dear devs,

I was going to post about the inserters-not-fuelling-trains-with-solid-fuel bug, but found that it had already been posted and fixed for the next update. So I thought that instead, I would post a public message of thanks to all the devs for creating this wonderful software that I enjoy more and more the more they develop it and the more I play it.

But someone else got there first with that, too.

Oh well.

Thanks anyway, Devs! :)

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

I was playing last night (GMT+2) on 0.15.5 since I didn't check for new version and this morning I wake to find that there were 4 (!) version posts - You guys are the best and most diligent game programing house I've ever encountered and I have been playing computer games since the mid 80's...

I wish to send my love to you all (and say I'm sorry for ranting about not getting rail tankers in 0.14 because multi-player was not important to me as much) and ask you to never change and not sell the game and this community to a big company like Notch did with that game we will not say it's name (MC).

THANK YOU 3>
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

PunkSkeleton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PunkSkeleton »

Devs, this is one of a few games I have really liked in my life (the other one being StarCraft). It is the only game I have played 'seriously' since I got married. I play it instead of sim racing (which I do not consider gaming as I also race in real life) and I bought Oculus Rift for that...
And 0.15 is a major, major step forward.

Maldor96
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maldor96 »

I stumbled upon this game many moons ago, have bought it recently after watching it on steam, I Loved it just as I thought i would, please keep going!!
THANK YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL GAME!!
Addicted to cracktorio since May 2017
Streaming live at: https://www.twitch.tv/maldor96

jessjade
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jessjade »

thank you guys! (from the very bottom of my heart) the game is awesome and so are you. it gives me so much joy and (almost) never fails to amaze me
Don't let the bastards grind you down

Kunox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kunox »

A big thanks for the dev team !

I think i never played that much on an independant game, and i don't regret a single coin i paid for it.

who though solving logistical problems could be that fun?

dusan22
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dusan22 »

I made it beyond 500h mark. Never invested so much time to any other game. Already convinced 3 more friends :-) Worth every penny.

NewtSoup
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by NewtSoup »

Hello, I'm NewtSoup - gamer girl since the original Elite for the BBC.

Thank you for making this game with a native Linux Client! Please keep up the good work!

I bought the game today having spent about 7 hours on it yesterday at a friend's.

ausDae
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Happy to be here!

Post by ausDae »

So, I will admit,

yes, I used to pirate Factorio. This is absolutely one of my all time favourite games and for the longest time I've never quiet had the money to support these awesome devs :(

But today, that has changed! I am one happy proud owner of a new copy of Factorio on Steam *squee*

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to the time and dedication of the developers, and I'm looking forward to awesome new content!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into the "thank you" topic :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Yamakais_Gaming
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Yamakais_Gaming »

hi

Return to “General discussion”