Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
ShenJingBing
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by ShenJingBing »

Just wanted to say thanks for making the first good management/construction game in many years. Keep working on it and this will be a massive hit. Many people don't know the game yet but they're definitely part of the market. I think probably about half of the people who played and enjoyed Sim City (and were subsequently disillusioned by the new installment), people who played OpenTTD or other transport simulators as well as gamers fed up with simplistic games these days.

Wanderduene
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Wanderduene »

Hi,

I'm new here. Yesterday was the fist time I heared about Factorio. I bought it and played it the rest of the day after work. It is absolutly awesome and addicting and I only scratched on the surface of whats possible. Keep on the good work!

I really looking forward to go deeper into the game and the upcoming features :D

Patric20878
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Patric20878 »

Wow, I'm just blown away by just how incredibly similar this would be to an amazing mix of Tekkit Classic factory design (for Minecraft) and KOHCKPYKTOP (the circuitry design game). Thank you so much for developing such a great game, and for paying SO much attention to detail, especially on the user interface. Been the leading expert in Tekkit Classic factory design for almost 2 years now with no one to match my level (or care really - lonely at the top, so they say...), and so having such a similar game like this with such huge emphasis on factory design and automation along with an active community is probably stuff of my dreams!

I think the last time I actually cared enough to buy a paid PC game was Minecraft and that was like 3 years ago. I really do hope Factorio becomes the next big hit, and so here's my 40$ to you guys. :D
Tekkit Classic expert and admin of the Tekkit Classic Wikia specializing in factory and frame gunship engineering, creator of the Optimized Steam Engine Setup, and a huge fan of Touhou. My TC designs may be found at https://imgur.com/a/IT0Ya.

nfcc08
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nfcc08 »

Saw this on Zisteau's Youtube LP, after watching him play through the first few episodes of the first season, I was amazed at how great of a game it is for just being in "Alpha". I knew shortly into the series I would buy it. I ended up buying it for my brother and I to play together (co-op) for Christmas as we pretty much wore out Minecraft mods that added the "factory" type items. We initially played our first world to get a full grasp of the game, we didn't even use the tutorials. The first factory world was horribly set up and designed as a main bus system like Zisteau had on his LP. That process took about 30+ hours of game time in which we decided to finally start over after we got a good grasp of the game.
For the second factory we played all the way through and it is amazing how lost you get in the game (in a good way), it fully takes over just small tweaks to whole re-designs of the factory. I believe that play time was up in the 80+ hours and that was without playing with trains.
For the third factory we messed with the world gen settings so we would be forced to use trains to get ores. It was a great learning experience and took even more time to get into.
Nonetheless, we finally started to get bored of making new ideas for factory worlds and ended up trying some mods.
So far we have put about 30+ hours into learning Dytech which is going to end up lasting easily another 200+ hours of fun I can see!!

This game has so much going for it and its only in Alpha which means new things like endgame content will still needed to be played though with vanilla settings. The amount playtime you can get out of this game is immense!

I appreciate the time you guys put in and can't wait to watch this game grow which I am sure it will!

ztc0611
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ztc0611 »

Thanks for the amazing game!

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

so great :D !!
love your game ;)
great team! great work :D !
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

Xotren
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xotren »

Great game so far! :mrgreen:

InflatableBeerTent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by InflatableBeerTent »

This seems to be the obligatory complement thread, so here goes.

Thank you for making this game so easy to share, with this, we were all able to play this game together. This gave me a perfect demo to work with, and sink a few hours into before realizing, "Wow, this is worth $30 in it's current state." I've bought the game, and I'm awaiting the main site Activation email to enter my code. Someone might come across InflatableBeerTent's lab. ;3

The game is fun, it's insanely intense, It's very challenging, and equally rewarding. In it's current Alpha State. I've come across one crash in it's current state, and in no way shape or form is it game-breaking. (Just concerning)

Step aside, Minecraft! Sod off, Space Engineers! Creep me out another day, Don't Starve! Factorio's going to occupy my building time now!

Artman40
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Artman40 »

I woulkd like to commend the title Factorio for a few reasons:

1. It's very appropriate for what it is.
2. It's very easily searchable. You'll search for Factorio, you'll get Factorio. (more easily than I initially thought)

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Creedless82 wrote:Hey there,

i'm not a fan of big words so i'll keep it short and simple:

Thank you for making such a lovely game!
Thank you for countless hours of pure gaming fun!
Thank you for making it so very customizable via mod support!
Thank you for not pushing things too fast!

Well, thank you and keep up the fantastic work!
All that he said... even if almost a year went by and the game has changed alot, It still gives us hours of fun, the pleasure of modding and the ease into changes.

Thank you #devs very much :!:

P.S. I love this post 8-)
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Ohz
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ohz »

Background life
So knowing from where I come from, you can understand how deep your game touch me.
First this game is very beautiful, super stable, nicely mod-friendly (and look how people are creative ! Even Piston in Minecraft came originally from a mod).
Personnally this raise up the words "Early Access" about quality, content, and game life/replay value.
I have lot of fun doing several shape factories and train network, I probably played around 200h or 250h till now, I have 8 maps in progress, of which 2 are in mp.
The huge zoom out of the game, the enormous number of entities and the awesome puzzle with 4 whole science pack just blown my mind.
And I cannot be bored because then I just add a mod or play with settings (Peacefull surrounded by bitters, super rare ore, huge water and small islands with landfill to connect them, Marathon for x10 bigger factory, ...), it is never ending.

So all my best wishes, all my smiles and good vibes for you guys, I'm actually looking for a job, but not really because of your game, lol, and that's simply make my life lot of fun ! =D

Awesome quality, awesome communication with us, awesome game overall.

Thank you,
Merci,
Děkuji !

PS: As said someone, be sure when you launch it on Steam (please later, like 0.13 or whatever far away), be prepared to discover hate and angry people "can't play this game, don't get it", "aliens killed me, I was trying to swim" or some "Don't buy it" for no reasons.
I'm not english, sorry for my mistakes

Nagshell
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nagshell »

Thank you fellow Factorio makers!

makos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by makos »

I love the game and I love the dedication you guys have for it! Keep it up!

LegendCZ
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

I want to thank you guys! ...

Post by LegendCZ »

I want to thank you for doing this awesome game. I mean you do regular updates. You keep it that way. You hear the playerbase and if you can you implet a mod which is fav of the community.

You are one of best devs i ever saw with one of best game out there. I get so many times on building my base and congrats for sales! Cant wait to see your game on Steam and activate it here ... please keep up good work! :) Cant wait what this game became at the end ... and i cant wait for it.

Thank you :)

[Edit] : Topic merged by Koub

skoormit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by skoormit »

Thank you a million times over for this game.

Maybe you could make the next release a little bit less addictive, so that I can get some of my chores done!

Keep up the awesome work. Can't wait to see it explode on Steam.

Chaosz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Chaosz »

Thanks a ton! I've been looking for such a game without knowing it :D
This game has it all, keep up the good work!

Kind regards,
René

addseo1115
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by addseo1115 »

Thank you so much.

nadia911
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nadia911 »

Great Game!!!!! Thanks from Argentina :)

EvaSim
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Thanks

Post by EvaSim »

I also want to say great Thanks ! :)

Goldern
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Goldern »

Thank y'all for this incredibly awesome game!!
Here you can make energy in such a cool way, with loads of good looking machines, it's crazyness
Thanks for the effort to make such a piece of gold to us and for all the support in the forums, and for hearing everyone's opinion, this game will be HUGE!
Thanks devs.

Return to “General discussion”